1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 12:21 PM by jaysmith

Installing LDMS 2016 - Questions/Roadblocks

Rookie

All,

In working to set up our DB, we want to know about the collation of the Database. Is the collation level in the attached screenshot acceptable?

DB Collation.png

Now while going through the install - the installer is trying to set the PowerShell execution policy to unrestricted but that is specifically disabled by our GPO's. There is not a way to bypass this as far as the installer goes. I have looked on the LD community page and came across this: https://community.landesk.com/message/104410#104410 which basically just says to run that one command manually instead of as part of the installer (Tried and failed - because of GPO). Here is a snippet of the log:

2016-12-09 15:05:35 INFO: Executing command SetExecutionPolicy(SetupController.ExecuteNextCommand())
      2016-12-09 15:05:35 INFO: Executing: C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted(Launcher.ExecuteXmlCommand())
      2016-12-09 15:05:35 ERROR: Execution of SetExecutionPolicy completed. Return code: 1, State: Failure(SetupController.ExecuteNextCommand())

SO - In short, what is the reasoning behind having to set the powershell execution policy to unrestricted? Will it need to always remain unrestricted or can I have the GPO disabled for the install and then re-enabled after?

Thanks in advance for the insight.

Zach

• 1. Re: Installing LDMS 2016 - Questions/Roadblocks
          jaysmith SupportEmployee

Hi Zach,

Your selection for Collation is in line with standard practices.

Regarding Powershell execution policies, I'm looking for some more specific information for you but at this point I can say that the design of our installer is to set execution policy to unrestricted and to leave it in that state after install.  I would suggest having the core server exempted from the GPO in question.