3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 2:33 PM by PBRENNAN

BridgeIT User Role Modifications

Apprentice

Hi guys,

I am trying to grant some privileges to the BridgeIT User Role, but I get the "Object reference not set to an instance of an object error message.

This role seems get assigned automatically to a user when they login to Workspaces.

However, it doesn't appear under the Roles for End Users so I can't amend the privileges of the role.

Can anyone point me in the right direction of how I configure the privileges and add this role others?

Thanks

Quintin

• 1. Re: BridgeIT User Role Modifications
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

<Moving this to the ITAM section, since that's the more relevant home, as this isn't related to the Management Suite -- hopefully someone here should be able to help you out. >

• 2. Re: BridgeIT User Role Modifications
            Pitmac1 Apprentice

Did this get resolved for you KassWolijaap? I'm experiencing the same issue.

• 3. Re: BridgeIT User Role Modifications
              PBRENNAN Employee

These roles should not be used to assign privileges.  They are normally hidden and are used to provide access to the different areas of Workspaces.  They are used to provide Analyst and Self Service access for Service Desk Users, and to other Workspaces areas for LDMS users.

They were previously 'unhidden' because when changing a Service Desk user type (from End User to Analyst for example), It was necessary to put the user into the relevant BridgeIT role in order for the user to log into Workspaces.

So they are used for access to the relevant area in workspaces.  Not for individual privileges.

From 2016.4, the first time a user logs into Workspaces, they are automatically placed into the relevant BridgeIT role (although they have now been renamed to Workspaces). This may also be the case in 2016.3 but I haven't tested it.

So the best advice to give is that you should put the user into a role which can be assigned the privileges you require. Do not try to assign privileges to the BridgeIT roles. And once you have upgraded to a relevant version of Service Desk, hide the roles again.