3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2016 2:36 AM by Lotfi.Moustakim

Random success or fail for Deploy Image action

Rookie

Hi all,

When i launch 10 PCs at the same time for an image deployment, they are only 1 or2 of them which succed. The rest get failed at the "deploy image" action.

Here the history of result on provisioning history :

Strange thing, is that when i launch the same failed computers only for the same image deployment task, (let say 7of them), i will have 1 or 2 success deployment and the rest in fail.

And if i launch only 1 computer it always will works. I tried so many thing to fix that but nothing changed...

I give up now, hopping that is something you already met and have a solution for me.

• 1. Re: Random success or fail for Deploy Image action
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

So - a couple of things that may help as there's not really a lot of information in your post beyond "it fails".

• What version & service pack of LANDesk Management Suite are you on?
          • Where do your devices fail? Do they all fail at the same point? (Check the provisioning history).
          • Are those "regular PC's" or something special like tablets / Surface devices and so on (as those can be a bit special at times).
          • Are those devices all in the same subnet ...? Is there anything weird on your network
          • Are VM-s involved (if you're hosting the image file on a VM for instance, the VM may not be able to cope with the I/O demand for instance - as but one example) or are those all physicals.

Have you read / followed any of the troubleshooting guides?

The basic section -- OS Deployment and Provisioning

This may be a good starting point -- Issue: Capture Image or Deploy Image Action Fails

Additional troubleshooting basics links:\

Remember - the logs are adhering to the "normal" debug log registry triggers as per this article here -- How to enable Xtrace Diagnostic Logging -- so once you're in the WIM, you can either do a quick regedit yourself and apply the keys, or add the debug registry enabling file as an action to be consumed by the WinPE environment as one of the first actions.

That way, you get more logging for one (though it doesn't sound like you've looked at the current logs, which is something you may want to do).

Also - have you talked to support about any of this?

That should get you started.

• 2. Re: Random success or fail for Deploy Image action
            Rookie

Well indeed, my previous mail wasn't that explicit.

What version & service pack of LANDesk Management Suite are you on?

Where do your devices fail? Do they all fail at the same point? (Check the provisioning history).

Are those "regular PC's" or something special like tablets / Surface devices and so on (as those can be a bit special at times).

They only are regular Computers (Dell Brand exclusively) : Laptops and Workstations (boxes)

Are those devices all in the same subnet ...? Is there anything weird on your network

A subnet for all Computers and an other for Servers, but a DHCP relay between them.

It works for a long time and nothing changed about the network since the problem appears.

Nothing seems to be weird on the network.

Are VM-s involved (if you're hosting the image file on a VM for instance, the VM may not be able to cope with the I/O demand for instance - as but one example) or are those all physicals.

The repository where the .wim file is stored is a NAS (but it that case the problem appears before we migrate our datas to this NAS and everything else still working well, patch, drivers (HII), packages distribution etc ...).

Our infrastructure is installed on VM : Core server, DB server and Roll'up server.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Random success or fail for Deploy Image action
              Rookie

Sorry i forgot to answer that :

Have you read / followed any of the troubleshooting guides?

The basic section -- OS Deployment and Provisioning

This may be a good starting point -- Issue: Capture Image or Deploy Image Action Fails

Additional troubleshooting basics links:\

Indeed i've seen those guides and tutos but not solving my issu.

Also - have you talked to support about any of this?

We had 2 services delivery from a Landesk expert and an other from a Landesk Partner expert, but nothing fixed so far ...

I will formalized this by creating a ticket to the Landesk support.