2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 27, 2016 1:07 PM by rs090

Can you give Analyst access to admin user accounts without giving them full Admin rights

brian_bakewell Apprentice

We have just upgraded to 2016.3 and one of the features is the User Admin within workspace. We would like to give access to this to our Customer Service team who also create other account like AD, but we would like to do this without giving them full Administrator right of the system. Can we do this with just giving them the right privileges and if so which do we need to give them please?

• 1. Re: Can you give Analyst access to admin user accounts without giving them full Admin rights
          Tanner Lindsay SupportEmployee

You should be able to just give them the same permissions you would if there were to access LANDESK through other options, such as the Windows Console. That should make the Analyst Workspace available to those users

• 2. Re: Can you give Analyst access to admin user accounts without giving them full Admin rights
            rs090 Apprentice

Agree with Tanner, we created a role called Technology Admins, put a couple people in this role and within the administrator console, we right clicked on the new role and went to privileges.  It was a matter of trial and error to find out with privileges were needed to grant but eventually we found the right combinations.

Edit: We are not yet on 2016.3, still on 2016.2 , I just opened workspace to see if I could see the user admin portion and I don't have, on 2016.2 only have the public noticeboard permissions which is what we granted privileges to our admin group for.   It was under configurations components / configuration / workspaces (dashboard designer was required), and also some privileges under modules / non process configuration items.   Wondering if they put the stuff for workspaces under modules/ user management / non process related?