13 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2017 11:36 AM by Landon

ImportData

pentop Rookie

I'm struggling with ImportData (must be doing something wrong), in that when running an action with the -e it isn't exporting the profile data to C:\users\%username% and so on (which I think it should), but instead to C:\AppSenseVirtual.  From what I can tell this isn't what would be expected ?  I'm trying to migrate a batch of users who remain on Office 2003 to 2007, and then roll onto a 2007 > 2013 migration (held there because of licensing).

Log as below

Application Name: importdata_office2003.exe

FUNCTION: GetProfileConfigXMLPath started.

Get Username = ***Blanked***

Get User SID = S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126

Evaluate AppSenseVirtual Directory for EM v8.1

Using %appsenseprofiledirroot%\appsensevirtual

User Profile Directory is C:\Users\***Blanked***

User Profile Root is C:

Create AppSenseProfileConfigFile - Step1 = C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL

Create AppSenseProfileConfigFile - Step2 = C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL\S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126

Create AppSenseProfileConfigFile - Step3 = C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL\S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126\ProfileConfig.xml

C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL\S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126\ProfileConfig.xml found.

Opening profileconfig.xml

Application Found

Executing import script: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2003.exe.vbs

Done

After running the above, I then run importdata_office2007.exe to get the data into the Office 2007 AppSense Application Group,

Application Name: importdata_office2007.exe

FUNCTION: GetProfileConfigXMLPath started.

Get Username = ***Blanked***

Get User SID = S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126

Evaluate AppSenseVirtual Directory for EM v8.1

Using %appsenseprofiledirroot%\appsensevirtual

User Profile Directory is C:\Users\***Blanked***

User Profile Root is C:

Create AppSenseProfileConfigFile - Step1 = C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL

Create AppSenseProfileConfigFile - Step2 = C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL\S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126

Create AppSenseProfileConfigFile - Step3 = C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL\S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126\ProfileConfig.xml

C:\APPSENSEVIRTUAL\S-1-5-21-978635462-3828570294-627434887-186126\ProfileConfig.xml found.

Opening profileconfig.xml

Application Found

Exporting: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared tools

Added HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared tools to: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Exporting: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\office

Added HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\office to: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Exporting: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared

Added HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared to: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\OFFICE to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\MS PROJECT to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\QUERIES to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\OFFICE to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\PUBLISHER to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\EXCEL to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\WORD to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\OIS to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\ADDINS to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\POWERPOINT to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\GRAPH to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\STATIONERY to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\PROTECT to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\SIGNATURES to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\INTERCONNECT to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\UPROOF to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\PROOF to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\TEMPLATES to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Adding C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\INFOPATH to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe.vbs

Executing import script: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exeImport.vbs

Importing: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared tools

Imported HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared tools from: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\HKEY_CURRENT_USER_software_microsoft_shared tools.reg

Importing: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\office

Imported HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\office from: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\HKEY_CURRENT_USER_software_microsoft_office.reg

Importing: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared

Imported HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\microsoft\shared from: C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\HKEY_CURRENT_USER_software_microsoft_shared.reg

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Office to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\MICROSOFT\OFFICE

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Outlook to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\OUTLOOK

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\MS Project to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\MS PROJECT

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Queries to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\QUERIES

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Office to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\OFFICE

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Publisher to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\PUBLISHER

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Excel to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\EXCEL

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Word to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\WORD

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\OIS to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\OIS

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\AddIns to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\ADDINS

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Powerpoint to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\POWERPOINT

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Graph to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\GRAPH

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Stationery to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\STATIONERY

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Protect to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\PROTECT

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Signatures to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\SIGNATURES

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\InterConnect to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\INTERCONNECT

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\UProof to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\UPROOF

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Proof to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\PROOF

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Templates to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\TEMPLATES

Copying C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2007.exe\{CSIDL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\Infopath to C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Roaming\MICROSOFT\INFOPATH

Done

The result of the above is missing profile data

• 1. Re: ImportData
          Landon ITSMMVPGroup

What version of EM are you on?

• 2. Re: ImportData
            pentop Rookie

Hi Landon, thank you very much for the reply.  We are on 8.4.651.0, I have tried two different version of your tool 4.2.2.0 and 4.2.5.0.  Your reply has given me much hope in getting this working which would be great.

• 3. Re: ImportData
              Landon ITSMMVPGroup

If you manually run the ImportData_Office2003 with -e do you see the data in the users temp folder?

• 4. Re: ImportData
                pentop Rookie

Just finishing work now, but I will dial on later and test, so in about three hours, so get a reply to you then.  I did run it manually before, as in not waiting for an AppSense action or the like and I had the same result. So when you say data in the temp folder do you expect something to go to the Citrix servers temp directory (that is where we run AppSense from, published applcaitons to users desktops), or data under their Profile on the C:\, or something in the temp area elsewhere ?

• 5. Re: ImportData
                  Landon ITSMMVPGroup

You should see data in the C:\Users\***Blanked***\AppData\Local\Temp\3\importdata_office2003 folder after importdata -e has been run. Its pulled from personalization (appsensevirtual) and then dumped there temporarily before copying it to the real profile.

• 6. Re: ImportData
                    pentop Rookie

Just to say I'm launching the .exe via AppSense at login for the users, so it populated at login, as well as trying to do an import after as part of the process, hence the additional bits.  Anyway this is what I was getting in the directory

Capture.PNG

• 7. Re: ImportData
                      pentop Rookie

Just to say I am now getting some data into the 2007 Application Group with the above, but it isn't the data I would be looking for.  I guess with the -F it pulls all sorts in, so for example I get a very old custom.dic, which I believe it found in my home directory.  I use the -F as I don't want to amend AppSense to be in migration mode.  I mention this as I wonder if it could be connected to why I am not getting the data out in the first place.

• 8. Re: ImportData
                        Landon ITSMMVPGroup

Running ImportData without switches just enumerates the files in the includes forcing the "Migrate Existing Profiles" setting if enabled to pull the settings into personalization. This does not override any settings already in personalization. -F will copy and overwrite any files in personalization and do so regardless whether or not Migrate Existing is enabled.

• 9. Re: ImportData
                          pentop Rookie

Ill try it without the -F, but any ideas from the screenshot above, and things which would stop the -E export ?

• 10. Re: ImportData
                            pentop Rookie

All I get in the directory if I do the -E manually, is just the two files in the temp folder, importdata_office2003.exe and importdata_office2003.log.  I don't see any data there.

• 11. Re: ImportData
                              pentop Rookie

Not ideal, but I have used APPSENSESPECIAL to do an export of the files, which seems to be working, although I'm not 100% sure of the commands to get it to export directly to the C:\Users\%username%\appdata location, so I have sent it to the users home drive then doing an xcopy back in (need to work out how to suppress the override prompt), the import via importdata is then working nicely, although think I might need to not use that going from 2003 > 2007 as a few file locations etc changing and it doesn't seem to be migrating them as is.  Will do some more work with this later.

• 12. Re: ImportData
                                Omesh.Pertob Rookie

Hey London,

I'm wondering if you have a template to migrate my users from office 2013, to office 2016?

Thanks

Mike

• 13. Re: ImportData
                                  Landon ITSMMVPGroup

Policy template attached. Requires 8.6 or higher.