1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 6, 2017 10:46 AM by Peter Massa

Can the LDMS 9.5 SP1 agent be updated to 2016.3 without manually removing the 9.5 agent?

bob.mier Apprentice

I have an environment that I need to upgrade from LDMS 9.5 SP1 to 2016.3.  I'm planning a side-by-side migration and was wondering if the current 9.5 SP1 agents can be upgraded to 2016.3 (via a scheduled task) without having to uninstall the agent manually first?

• 1. Re: Can the LDMS 9.5 SP1 agent be updated to 2016.3 without manually removing the 9.5 agent?
          Peter Massa Expert

Hey Bob,

Yes - create a stand alone agent install by right clicking on the Agent Configuration in the 2016 console and clicking "build self contained executable".  There will be two exe files created.  An Agent.exe and an Agent_withstatus.exe.  The _withstatus.exe has a gui, and the other is silent.  So take the Agent.exe (or whatever the build name ends up as) and move that to your 9.5 SP1 core.  Use this file to create a regular software distribution package of type exe with no switches.  Then you can deploy this out to clients from the 9.5 server and they will do an in-place upgrade to 2016 and start talking to the other core instead.

Hope this helps,

Peter