2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 9, 2017 7:55 AM by gillesec

Code 16395 - The package is already installed. How to restart the task for specific devices ?

Rookie

Hello,

I have some tasks which I want to re-execute on some specific devices.

Problem is I get code 16395 "The package is already installed", for devices where the task has already been executed with success (the task does not restart).

I do not want to recreate a new task, I just only want to restart the task for one or several specific devices that I did already execute with success.

I have remarked that, in C:\ProgramData\LANDesk\Policies, when I changed the local policy file from CP.755.RunNow to CP.755, it works well. But it is not a solution.

(in addition, when launched from the LANDesk Portal, the task can be restarted without problems, and it has not the suffix RunNow on the local policy file.)

I have read that it is because the policy is (it is a policy supported push task) of "Required" type. When I create this tasks identically, but allows it on the Portal, it then becomes an "Optional" tasks, and can be then restarted.

I have also read about the option "Deploy packages in this task even if they were previously deployed" which can solve the problem, but I cannot find it on LMS 9.6.

I am pretty sure it might be simple to solve this problem: creating a specific delivery methods, or using custom script, or custom vulnerabilities....?

If you have any hints, I would be grateful.

Regards,

gillesec

• 1. Re: Code 16395 - The package is already installed. How to restart the task for specific devices ?
          ggrassart Apprentice

is it a MSI package?

if it's MSI, you can't reinstall it because the MSI detect than the package is allready installed.

else

Create an uninstall package

put your uninstall package in a bundle package with your installation package.

Configure order package to run once the uninstall package and deploy the bundle.

check in your package propertie if you don't have configure the installation detection based on File or registry.

• 2. Re: Code 16395 - The package is already installed. How to restart the task for specific devices ?
            Rookie

Hi ggrassart,

Thanks for replying. I have tested with a simple bat file launched as a scheduled task, and same behaviour: code 16395 "The package is already installed".

Behaviour is same whether I set a file detection or not.

Indeed I have read that the code 16395 is sent even before the package detection occurs.

Here is exactly what I do for my test:

-Create the scheduled task (policy supported push)

-Drag an drop my machine on it

-Start now for "Device that did not try to run the task" -> the task is executed, everything is okay

-Remove the machine from the task, uninstall the package on the machine

-Again, drap an drop my machine on the task

-Again, start for "Device that did not try to run the task" -> code 16395 "The package is already installed".

If I start now for "All", there it works, but it will restart for all machines.

PS: My LMS version is 9.60.2.48