1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 23, 2017 9:48 AM by jaysmith

Agent settings, Custom Data Forms and SW Distribution through the CSA

tam6-Sergio Rookie

I'm just starting with the CSA and have several doubts. The agent is already installed and appears on the console; the Broker is already configured also. But I tried to send a Custom Data Form with a Task and keeps failing with error "Cannot Found Agent", same with an Agent Settings update.

Is there anything i'm missing?

Is there a way to pull these settings and/or CDF from the agent?

• 1. Re: Agent settings, Custom Data Forms and SW Distribution through the CSA
          jaysmith SupportEmployee

The CSA is a one way connection only.  You can't actually push tasks to a device via the CSA.  You will want to setup your tasks as Policies, and then once the device runs policysync according to it's schedule it should pull down and execute the policy task.

You can manually trigger a policysync, policysync.exe is located on the clients in the ldclient folder.  For agent settings updates, make your changes to the agent settings and then when vulscan runs on the endpoint it will pull down the updated settings.  If you want to actually change which agent setting applies to the device as opposed to just updating the existing setting, you'll need to use a task.