9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 2, 2017 2:38 AM by karenpeacock

Ivanti

carlos Expert

How does this change would affect our current configurations if in any way and what about the community forum and other links?

-CS

• 1. Re: Ivanti
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Carlos

I just made a site announcement - the LANDESK community and LANDESK / Wavelink portal sites will be unavailable for an hour between 07.00 and 08.00 UTC / GMT on Tuesday 24th.  We will be rebranding the site and putting in redirects so your old bookmarks etc will still work.  However should you notice any issues please do let us know a.s.a.p.

I hope you like the changes!

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Ivanti
            carlos Expert

Thx Karen the announcement says "LANDESK.com will still be accessible until late April." it will it stop working after that I assume, will this still work? https://community.landesk.com/

And does this affects any of the products we are using (LDMS, CSA)?

Will the product itself keep working as a stand alone brand under Ivanti?

How about the IPs used to update and Patch the CSA?

Any help is appreciated.

Note:If anyone else has questions please post them here.

• 3. Re: Ivanti

Hi Carlos

community.landesk.com will be redirected to a new community.ivanti.com address after the site maintenance tomorrow.

landesk.com will redirect to ivanti.com in April.

As to any product changes, I'm afraid that I don't have information on this for you yet but I am told that this will be made available for Interchange: http://interchange.ivanti.com/overview.php

Best wishes

Karen

2 of 2 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Ivanti
                Speedway Rookie

Thank you Karen

• 5. Re: Ivanti
                  DanJones Apprentice

Interchange does not take place until May, this does not really help with the development work we currently have underway. If certain products are going to cease to exist or change significantly I would be good to know sooner rather than later so that we do not waste our time developing / working with something that may not figure in future plans.

My Original question, on another thread was:

What does the creation of Ivanti mean for us as customers / users / developers / administrators of LanDesk products?

Will ServiceDesk be changing / forgotten / merged with the Heat Service Desk product, or will a new Service Desk product be rising from the ashes?

I have seen the press release that says that 'not a lot will change' but it would be good to know if there is any Planned product Roadmap for this merger. (that will be available prior to interchange)

Thank you for your responses!

• 6. Re: Ivanti
                    carlos Expert

It's strange I didn't receive any announcement until yesterday... I found this The Big Name Change FAQ – Ivanti Blog

About ..."As to any product changes, I'm afraid that I don't have information on this for you yet..." it doesn't tell us much about the future of the products we are using. I guess we'll just have to fasten our seatbelts....

By the way, I'm the only one who finds the font on the new website harder to read?

-CS

• 7. Re: Ivanti
                      erik.marple Expert

I'm curious too. I liked the look of the Heat service desk. It seemed more modern and cohesive than what we've experienced with LDSD. I would think it'd be tough to have two similar products competing with each other so I wonder if LDSD will be phased out. If so, hopefully there will be plans to offer free transition assistance. We were already planning on re-evaluating our service desk needs this year and this could have a pretty big impact on the decisions made.

• 8. Re: Ivanti

DanJones erik.marple  Just wanted to bring your attention to this post: ITSM Product Management Communication

Best wishes

Karen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        • 9. Re: Ivanti

carlos Just wanted to bring this to your attention in case you haven't yet seen it : UEM Product Management Communication

Best wishes

Karen