1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 24, 2017 1:42 PM by avasile

Recreate Group/Analyst Assignment on Main Window

avasile Apprentice

On our Add Assignment windows in Change, Incident, etc. it is set up so that Group is mandatory and if you select the Group, it would filter to show you the Analysts who belong to that group. And vice versa, if you select an analyst from the drop down, it would show you the groups they belong to.

assgn.png

I would like to recreate this idea on our main Change window, so that the creator selects the group who will be building (Build Group) and implementing (Implementation Group). They can select the analyst if they know who it will be, but otherwise the group it assigns to would be responsible for grabbing the Change. If I drop System/Group onto Change, I can rename this to Build Group and see all of our support groups. If I drop System/User onto Change, I can rename this to Builder. The problem is that it still shows ALL of the users in the company under Builder even when I have a group selected. How do I create the logic to only show the users that below to the selected group?

• 1. Re: Recreate Group/Analyst Assignment on Main Window
          avasile Apprentice

Found it! Object Filters on the group and analyst attributes in Object Designer. In case anyone doesn't want to bang their head against a wall for an hour before figuring it out, here is what I did specific to my Builder Group and Builder Analysts:

Group Filter

• Attribute - Title, sort A-Z
          • Criteria
            • Type is equal to Support Group
            • Users.User is equal to Builder (which is the users object I created)

Analyst Filter

• Attribute - Title, sort A-Z
          • Criteria
            • User Type is equal to Analyst
            • Groups.Group is equal to Build Group