6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2017 6:25 AM by Rogersh

Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object

Rogersh Apprentice

Hi,

I created a collection object to obtain auditing information and put it in process as I wanted it to be available everywhere.

I've initially used this in incident but when I'm viewing the collection from the incident window there is no left/right scroll as there is on other object collections such as note etc...

Can anyone assist?

Thanks

Hayley

• 1. Re: Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Hayley,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Were you able to get this issue resolved?

Michael

• 2. Re: Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object
            Rogersh Apprentice

Hi Michael

Support were unable to assist me unfortunately.  I had very tight timescales for developing and I had to recreate the object within incident in order to get my development in within my allotted timeframe.

Because I had done this prior to support contacting me on the back of the ticket I raised they were unable to assist me and closed down my ticket.

Have you come across this at all before because knowing the reason behind this may assist me in future developments.

Thanks

• 3. Re: Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object
              Romain.Jusot SupportEmployee

Hi Hayley, thanks a lot for your patience.

I'm not sure to have seen this before, unless I misunderstood the design. Can you confirm me that:

• You linked process to an object to create a collection of this object in process@
              • You positioned this collection on the incident window
              • Upon creating a new incident, you couldn't see any "left/right scroll". I understand that you talk about the paging buttons, am I right? Was there any entry in the collection? Do you have any screenshot that could help me clearly identify the nature of your issue?

Thanks a lot Hayley !

Rom

• 4. Re: Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object
                Rogersh Apprentice

Hi Rom,

I cant send screenshots any longer as I had to rip my changes out to get something in that worked.  But essentially I created a new object within Process Management, linked to process so I could then access it via incident

The collection was visible on the Incident window (in a tab) and populated automatically via other actions in the process

When you viewed an item from the collection the scroll left/right buttons that are visible in the top right of the window to move through the collection objects were missing (I've copied a screenshot of the buttons that were missing below).  However when I rebuilt the object directly in incident they were there.

Very strange and I'd never seen it before.  I assumed it may be because I created my object within process as you wouldn't normally do this but I wanted it to be available across all modules rather than having to build it separately within each module.

Thanks

Hayley

• 5. Re: Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object
                  Romain.Jusot SupportEmployee

As strange as it seems I don't see such buttons on my Web Access window, that may explain why I didn't completely understand the problem. Unless you mean those at the bottom right of my "Notes" collection, but on your screenshot it seems to be located at the top right of the window. Did I miss something?

• 6. Re: Scroll Bar Missing in a Collection Object
                    Rogersh Apprentice

If you open one of your notes you should be able to scroll through them using the buttons that appear in the top right had corner.