3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 17, 2017 8:50 AM by todd.labrum

Identifying Existing Installs for Acrobat classic DC and PRO DC

Econde Apprentice

We have upgrade our user to Acrobat DC...the problem now is i can not tell via LANDesk which ones are Standard(classic) or PRO.

as anyone figure this out?

thank you

• 1. Re: Identifying Existing Installs for Acrobat classic DC and PRO DC
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Evelyn,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Were you able to resolve this issue? Please share anything you deem useful with the Community, you might help someone with a similar question.

Michael

• 2. Re: Identifying Existing Installs for Acrobat classic DC and PRO DC
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

If I'm not mistaken, you may have to pull a "Custom vulnerability" trick here. Last I remember, it involved invoking some (machine local) commands around Adobe Acrobat / plowing through local config files and then having a case of "if it's THIS, it's PRO - if it's THAT - it's not" ... research on the Adobe pages would be needed.

This is (much to my chagrin) becoming a more and more common recourse that's necessary as software packages become even more of a mess of install & local licensing nonsense than they should be,

"Sure - we put down the exact same files & let your license file decide what it is." ... great - that makes keeping track of "who has what" so much more painful ... .

My knowledge on Adobe is a bit hazy, but if memory serves, that's how a fellow colleague had to attack that nonsense most recently at one of his accounts.

The "Vulscan ++ Custom Definitions" combo is the best way to pick up such local nonsense & then you have a choice of how you want to return that data (additional custom data fields, "just" vulscan data, etc.).

• 3. Re: Identifying Existing Installs for Acrobat classic DC and PRO DC
              todd.labrum SupportEmployee

The only way to determine which edition of Acrobat is installed (standard vs pro), is to check a SWID file.  You can do this automatically if you have Data Analytics or you have to do it manually. 

Here is a link that explains where to find this SWID file and how to identify which edition is installed:  Identifying Existing Installs — Enterprise Administration Guide .

Hope this helps!

Todd

1 of 1 people found this helpful