2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2017 11:36 AM by phoffmann

Change layout, Change devices number

Rookie

I have a doubt, in management console suite 9.5, when I change the layout the number of device in "all devices" also change.

For example one layout have three columns and show 5040 devices but I have other layout that have 17 columns and show 4970 devices. because?

Neither layout have any qualifier, then because the list de "all devices" show two diferent results.

• 1. Re: Change layout, Change devices number
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Gabriel,

usually this depends on your columns. If you add for example "Computer"."Network"."TCPIP"."Bound Adapter"."IP-Adress" to your column set, you will get many "duplicate" entries in your "All devices" view because it could be that one device has more than one network adapter and for every adapter that is found, a single line would be in the devices overview. To get the exact number of your devices just use devicename in your colum set, this should hopefully appear only once.

Regards

Christian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Change layout, Change devices number
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Yep - Christian's got it in 1.

You've got some multi-data column set selected. The EASIEST way to confirm that this is the case, is to apply the basic 3 columns (Device name, Device Type & OS Name) to your current query / view as that's guaranteed to be 1:1 data.

Common thing for people to trip over.