3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 9:11 AM by MarXtar

How to make devices appear in one server instead of two?

Rookie

Hi everyone,

I need help. I am new on LANDesk we have two servers running LANDesk, now what happens is when looking up or trying to run a report we want all the devices to be in one server not 2, but I do not know how to do it.

please help.

the other thing that I would like to know is: moving devices from unmanaged devices to managed devices.

Thank you

• 1. Re: How to make devices appear in one server instead of two?
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Akhona,

Thanks for posting to our Community.

You can request help from support here https://support.ivanti.com/CaseLogging.aspx

Michael

• 2. Re: How to make devices appear in one server instead of two?
            Kenyon Expert

You can either run a rollup core server or you can copy the inventory information from one server to the other. I have a scheduled task that moves stored inventory scans from one server to a seperate server so that they are always in sync.  If you are interested in this processes I could go into more detail on a separate thread.

In order to move machines from Unmanged to Managed; When the agent is installed on a device it will be removed from Unmanged and added to Managed.

• 3. Re: How to make devices appear in one server instead of two?
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Zeus,

In addition to what has been said above I'm going to ask some questions:

1. Do you know why your company has two LANDESK servers in the first place? I know this is what you have to deal with but is there any particular reason why?
              2. You tagged this is being for v9.5 so this means you are a couple of versions out of date and the answer to the first question may help with future decisions
              3. You ask about moving devices from Unmanaged to Managed which indicates you potentially don't understand its role in things and how it is affected by agent deployment. Do you know how to deploy agents?
              4. Are you now the only person looking after this system, and if so have you had any or is it planned for you to have any training?

There are ways to do the things you asked but I just wanted to confirm the basic situation.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd/MarXtar Corporation

http://ivantione.marxtar.com

Ivanti One Development Partner

Try MarXtar State Management for Ivanti to Better Understand and Manage your Assets