1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2017 3:34 AM by phoffmann

Where does landesk download dell driver CABs from?

JDAdams80 Rookie

Hi all

We are using Patch and Compliance download to pull down Dell driver CABs for our HII imaging and I was wondering where LANDesk pulls these down from?

The reason I ask is that it's not pulling down CABs that are available here...

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-command-deploy-driver-packs-for-enterprise-cl… http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/enterprise-client/w/wiki/2065.dell-command-deploy-driver-packs-for-enterprise-client-os-deployment

For example the XPS 9350 Windows 7 CAB isn't being downloaded despite it being available.

Is there a way to change where it's looking for these?

Thanks

James

• 1. Re: Where does landesk download dell driver CABs from?
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

I don't have the driver content downloaded, but this is universally true for patch manager content.

Every bit of content has 1 or more "rules" attached to it. In this example, I've grabbed a random Microsoft vulnerability. If you view the properties, you'll get something like this:

Patch_Properties.jpg

... now in the case of patches, you'll see 1+ rules, because there's ...

• Different OS platforms to handle / deal with rules-wise
          • Different / multiple patch files to handle / deal with
          • ... pre-requisites / dependencies to handle / deal with.
          • ... and so on.

But if you go into the properties of the file you care about, you'll get something like this:

Patch_Download.jpg

... and in the "Patch Information" section we include the download link that we'll use for the patch. So that answers that part of the question.

... now - if there's content that doesn't work (usually because the vendor's pulled a fast one & changed things up), please do feel free to raise a support ticket. They'll notify the content team of your issue & the content-team will look at what's happened this time with the vendor's site & fix things up (usually pretty quickly).

=====================

As for the "changing" the download location side of things ... the answer to that is "no and yes".

NO - you can't change our regular content definitions.

Yes - You *CAN* make a copy of the content definition in question (be it a patch or whatever) as a custom vulnerability, and THERE you can change everything to your hearts' content.

Usually worth doing the change "for your stuff" if you need to triage something as well as talking to support, so that you end up having "fully supported content" that's correct for your needs as well .

=====================

Hope that helps?