3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2017 12:08 PM by Joseph3

How do I make VelocityCE client start at boot up

Joseph3 Rookie

not sure if this is possible, supported, etc

• 1. Re: How do I make VelocityCE client start at boot up
          cachilli SupportEmployee

That depends on the install method of the client.. If you are using avalanche then the enabler can auto launch this for you.. if you installed the client through active sync then you will need to place the shortcut in the start up but contact the device manufacturer for specific steps.. Moto devices are a bit different and need the use of a cpy file to copy the files over to the start up to survive a cold boot.

this is an example of a cpy file:

\Application\cour.ttf > \Windows\cour.ttf

edit this to the correct paths in note pad, save it as *.cpy file, place this into the application directory of the device.. On a cold boot this should copy over the file needed and give it the appearance of persistence..

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How do I make VelocityCE client start at boot up
            Matt Dermody SSMMVPGroup

Use the Avalanche Enabler as a lockdown utility, specify VelocityCE as a shortcut within the Enabler, and then configure the Enabler to execute VelocityCE at startup.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: How do I make VelocityCE client start at boot up
              Joseph3 Rookie

Thanks Guys!!

I just started testing the velocityCE for windows mobile universal client via Active Sync on a few MC91xx and MC92xx.

Prob should dig into Avalanche soon...

For now I was able to copy the VelocityCE.exe file from the Program Files\Wavelink\VelocityCE into the Application\StartUp folder.

Thanks,

Joseph