4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 28, 2017 2:43 PM by CherylD

How can I remove a field I can't see from a form?

CherylD Rookie

As confusing as it is...I was adding a field to the incident form.  When I am in the designer window it doesn't show, but is checked off as being on the form.

IncidentWindowDesign.JPG

I have rearranged things and still can't see it to move it where it should be or to remove it.  But when I go into the Analyst screen it shows, and is pushing everything to the right.

IncidentWindowDisplay.JPG

• 1. Re: How can I remove a field I can't see from a form?
          Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Yep this is one of those infuriating design-time things that happens sometimes.

My take it is that the issue is always associated with a GROUPBOX.

Quickest solution I normally use is:

1. Select all of the attributes within the groupbox and move them out of the groupbox to the right of the screen.
          2. You should then have an empty groupbox you can delete.
          3. SAVE the window and reopen it.  Is the "hidden" field now unticked; if yes add back the groupbox and move all of the fields back.  If not do you have anymore groupboxes; if so repeat steps 1-3.

I also find it easier to copy the window first and work on that version to find the issue as this then makes it quicker to do over the original window.  And if all else fails you can just delete the copy and create another one.

Don't despair as you can usually get back.

If the hidden field isn't hidden courtesy of a groupbox then it could be just simply hid behind another attribute but then you just need to move them all about to find it.

• 2. Re: How can I remove a field I can't see from a form?
            andreas.lindner Expert

Hi CherylD,

in addition to Julians post, I've had the experience, that sometimes the attribute is hidden in a group box. Try to enlarge the group box and have a look if your missing attribute is there.

You can push attributes around in a group box and, for example, move an attribute to the far right and reduce the width of you group box, it will simply disappear. But it should be visible on your web window if not set otherwise.

Andreas

• 3. Re: How can I remove a field I can't see from a form?
              Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Yes good point Andreas,  I've seen that too where people make the group box smaller to obscure the hidden (show on window = false) attributes.

• 4. Re: How can I remove a field I can't see from a form?
                CherylD Rookie

It turned out to be hiding after all.  I just hadn't moved things far enough to find it.  THanks!