3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 13, 2017 3:03 PM by blebodic

LDMS 2016.3 : unable to deploy distribution packages

blebodic Rookie

Hello,

from the last 2016.3 update I’m currently experiencing the following problem with the distribution packages

LDMS Current version : 2016.3

In this example, I’ve try to deploy 7zip but I’ve the problem with others applications

the UNC location is correct and the source is correctly configured on the prefered server.

I've also try to use the PEDownloader.exe without success

You will find with the attachment the sdclient.log and pedownloader.log

any idea ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Regards

• 1. Re: LDMS 2016.3 : unable to deploy distribution packages
          motaz.alqaissi ITSMMVPGroup

I have seen this issue couple of times on 2016.3 ,,, what I used to do is to to push a script which will get this issue solved. Try following the below steps:

1- Click on Distribution on the left panel and then click on Manage Scripts.

2- Click on the New Custom Script icon and paste the following script then give it a name and click OK:

[machines]

REMEXEC100=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM SDClient.exe /f /t

REMEXEC101=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM Sdistbat.exe /f /t

REMEXEC102=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM cmd.exe /f /t

REMEXEC103=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM setup.exe /f /t

REMEXEC104=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM msiexec.exe /f /t

REMEXEC105=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM SDClient.exe /f /t

REMEXEC106=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM Sdistbat.exe /f /t

REMEXEC107=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM cmd.exe /f /t

REMEXEC108=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM setup.exe /f /t

REMEXEC109=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM msiexec.exe /f /t

REMEXEC110=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM SDClient.exe /f /t

REMEXEC111=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM SDClient.exe /f /t

REMEXEC112=cmd /c C:\Windows\System32\taskkill.exe /IM SDClient.exe /f /t

REMEXEC200=cmd /c del /f /q "%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.tasks.xml"

REMEXEC201=cmd /c del /f /q "%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\..\Shared Files\cbaroot\alert\queue\internal*.xml"

REMEXEC202=cmd /c net stop "LANDesk Policy Invoker"

REMEXEC203=cmd /c del /f /q "<c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\Database\*.db3*>"

REMEXEC204=cmd /c del /f /q "c:\programdata\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\database\*.db3*"

REMEXEC205=cmd /c "%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\clientdbutil.exe" /create

REMEXEC206=cmd /c net start "LANDesk Policy Invoker"

3- Right click on the new script and select Schedule.

4- Add the machine that you are not able to push the software on and then run the task.

5- Wait for it to complete and then try to push the software one more time.

Hope that will help :-)

• 2. Re: LDMS 2016.3 : unable to deploy distribution packages
            Kenyon Expert

I noticed the "CreateFile failed with 5" in your log file.

Look at this link and see if might help;

CreateFile failed with # - lddwnld log

• 3. Re: LDMS 2016.3 : unable to deploy distribution packages
              blebodic Rookie

Hello,

Sorry for my late reply

@motaz.alqaissi I've followed your advice. The script has running with success but I had always the problem

The only solution I've found is to create a new package....

Regards