8 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2017 12:53 PM by frederickk

Invalid Product License

Apprentice

When trying to run the Management Console, I got an error about the core server license.

What would cause the core server to have an invalid license?

When attempting to run the activation utility, this error occurs.

I tried to use the web console and it gave me this error message.

The LDMS server is in a virtual environment, along with the accompanying database. We recently upgraded our storage array and migrated VMs from the old to the new storage array. Is it possible that some settings from the old did not get carried over to the new one? Do I need to contact LANDESK/Ivanti with verification data to correct this?

• 1. Re: Invalid Product License
          Kenyon Expert

I bet .net 4.6 has been installed on your server. Look at this article for a resolution;

Core Server Activation utility crashes

• 2. Re: Invalid Product License
            Apprentice

i looked into that because i had a similar issue before, but it was something related to DNS that my SYSAdmin sorted out for me.

i also looked for the KB### and from the article it is KB3045560 but i do not have that in my list

• 3. Re: Invalid Product License
              Kenyon Expert

I don't believe you can use anything higher than .net 4.5.x but I will need to look into that to be sure.

• 4. Re: Invalid Product License
                Kenyon Expert

Found it;

Check version of Microsoft .NET that is installed. It needs to be .NET 4.5. There are issues with .NET 4.6 and 5.0 and those versions will need to be uninstalled/downgraded to 4.5 for the install and software to work. .NET 3.5 also needs to be installed. If the LANDESK installer isn't able to add it as part of the prerequisites check, it can be added in Servers Roles and Features.

reference;

About the Prerequisites to Check Before Installing, Updating, or Patching the Ivanti Endpoint Manager Core Server

• 5. Re: Invalid Product License
                  Apprentice

i have uninstalled the .net 5.X versions from the pc and checked to make sure that my 3.5 and 4.5 are enabled

the uninstall has made no difference. i tried to log into the management console and got the invalid license error. after that, i went to activate the core, but that utility crashed before opening. so now i am back to asking for help.

• 6. Re: Invalid Product License
                    Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Try rebooting the server after you have uninstalled version 5 and then try again. I would also check the event viewer for any error message that may help resolving the issue.

• 7. Re: Invalid Product License
                      Apprentice

This Application Error is from the Event Viewer

• Faulting application name: LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Licensing.ActivateCore.exe, version: 9.60.2.97, time stamp: 0x54634f1e
                      • Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.3.9600.18340, time stamp: 0x57366075
                      • Exception code: 0xc000041d
                      • Fault offset: 0x0000000000008a5c
                      • Faulting process id: 0x1ff0
                      • Faulting application start time: 0x01d292b6a450ca67
                      • Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Licensing.ActivateCore.exe
                      • Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
                      • Report Id: f2666dad-fea9-11e6-811d-005056ad3b16
                      • Faulting package full name:
                      • Faulting package-relative application ID:

This does not really give me easy to determine details for what went wrong other than the program crashed.  I did see later on that .net had an issue but the framework version was different from the known problem frameworks. I have this data, but I am not sure where to go next.

• Application: LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Licensing.ActivateCore.exe
                      • Framework Version: v4.0.30319
                      • Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
                      • Exception Info: System.AccessViolationException
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Information.ConsoleSessionCache..cctor()
                      • Exception Info: System.TypeInitializationException
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Information.ConsoleSessionCache.get_NetworkCredential()
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Information.UserSessionCache.GetNetworkCredentials()
                      •    at LANDesk.DataServices.DbConnection.get_ConnectionString()
                      •    at LANDesk.DataServices.DbConnection.Read(System.String)
                      •    at LANDesk.DataServices.DbConnection..ctor(System.String, System.Net.NetworkCredential)
                      •    at LANDesk.DataServices.DbConnection..ctor(System.String)
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.LanDeskDatabase.OpenFromRegistry(System.String)
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.LanDeskDatabase.OpenFromRegistry()
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.LanDeskDatabase.Get()
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.DBCache._()
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.DBCache.get_db()
                      •    at _._._()
                      •    at _._.get_IsAuthorized()
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Database.LicenseManager.get_IsAuthorized()
                      •    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Licensing.ActivateCore.ActivateCoreForm.ActivateCoreForm_Load(System.Object, System.EventArgs)
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(System.EventArgs)
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean)
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
                      •    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(System.Windows.Forms.Message ByRef)
                      • at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr, Int32, IntPtr, IntPtr)
                      • 8. Re: Invalid Product License
                        Apprentice

another discussion that i was involved pointed me to these links that gave me more granular details and showed me that i definitely did have 4.6 installed when the basic avenues showed me that i did not. i was able to use the info from these pages to get my core server back online. thank you all for your help.

https://community.ivanti.com/docs/DOC-40607

https://community.ivanti.com/docs/DOC-40892

i also had the SYSAdmin and Desktop Support leads to examine our Windows update server to ensure that the .net 4.6 update does not get installed on the landesk server ever again. that should keep the craziness down as well.