4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2017 9:45 AM by HermiM

Updating the WinPE image on PXE elected device on LDMS 2016.3

HermiM Apprentice

Since LDMS2016.3 LANDesk introduced the SESS (Self Elected Subnet Services). This new concept aim to elect one device per sub net to provide services (such as : PXE, XDD(ARP) and Agentless scanner).

My question is about PXE.

I just integrated new drivers to WinPE wim file and I thought that the replication of changes to elected PXE devices on all subnets will be automatically. In the last version we used LDMS 9.6 we used to copy wim file manually to all PXE Representative but with that version we should define these PXE Representative.... But now with LDMS 2016.3 the election process is done by the LANDesk core server so we may have new device elected every time frame to serve as PXE Server for a specific subnet so it doesn't make sense that we still have to update wim files manually.

Please note that I tested the new device integration in our lab environment and wim files under C:\Program Files\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\vboot was automatically replicated to C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\PXE\System\images\Boot (since the core server is the PXE server too )

Now in the production system the core server hasn't SESS PXE enabled in agent configuration and we have defined a set of devices in each subnet to provide PXE service. I was really surprised to find that wim file in elected PXE devices were not updated !!!

So my question is do we still have to update WinPE image on PXE elected device manually in LDMS 2016.3????