5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 3:40 AM by Rosta

Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.

Rosta Rookie

Hello,

recently I installed Management Suite 2016-3 on new server. Deployed agents on clients and Remote Control from server works fine. But when I am trying to use Remote Console for Remote control, then connection fails with message "Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.".

I did not have this problem with previous version of Management Suite, I used.

Any idea, what might causing it, or possible source of additional log information?

• 1. Re: Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.
          Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

I would check the authentication method you are using for Remote Control in the agent settings. I would also check the connection between both the Core server and the client machine and if the Core server name is pingable by the client machine.

• 2. Re: Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.
            Rosta Rookie

I have tried to change settings in "Remote Control Settings->Security Settings->Remote control security settings" from "Integrated security" to "Local template" which I used in previous version, but without any effect.

I can connect from Core Server to Client machine without any problems and both Core Server and Client Machines are discoverable and accessible on network.

• 3. Re: Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.
              Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

Hi,

Any messages in the remotecontrol.dll.log in the LDLog share on the Core?

Thanks,

Frank

• 4. Re: Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.
                Rosta Rookie

Every unsuccessful attempt log record ends with this:

03/10/2017 10:26:11 INFO  21016:10    RollingLog : No rights exception

03/10/2017 10:26:11 INFO  21016:10    RollingLog :    at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Authentication.DefaultUnattendedPlugin.Authenticate(ICredential cred)

at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Authentication.AuthFactory.GetAuthPlugin(String authName, ICredential cred, Boolean authenticate)

at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Core.SSL.RemoteControl.RemoteControlService.GetRightsForMachineId(Int32 machineId, String autoSessionID, String& rights)

at LANDesk.ManagementSuite.Core.SSL.RemoteControl.RemoteControlService.GetRemoteControlRights(String target, String autoSessionID, String& rights)

Any idea what does it mean?

• 5. Re: Unable to talk to core. Authentication fails.
                  Rosta Rookie

The problem was caused by using one account for running the console and another account for logging into it. So I had to add permissions, so I could login with account which I used to run the console.