3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2017 3:00 AM by andreas.lindner

Is it possible to move the state of an incident from one of its tasks?

VaLr Apprentice

I need to move the state of an indicent automatically from its Task.

For example:

If im in "In Process" state in my incident(1) and i add a task to this incident(1) after this I "Resolve" my task then I need the incident also moves (automatically) to "Resolved" state.

Is it possible?

• 1. Re: Is it possible to move the state of an incident from one of its tasks?
          andreas.lindner Expert

Hi VaLr,

there are two options:

1. create preconditions in your Incident process (followed by an automatic action or a simple "Move on"), that will query e.g. the status of the task(s) and if a tasks changes its status to let's say "In Progress", the Incident will change its status too.

2. The more sophisticated option is to use related actions. This feature has been introduced in 2016.1 or .2. Have a look at this article: What is Related Actions and how can I create and use them?

Regards,

Andreas

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to move the state of an incident from one of its tasks?
            VaLr Apprentice

Thanks for response Andreas, im going to try the first option but i have a question:

do the precondition take a calculation?

it would be like this ?

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Incident):

if Incident.Tasks.Status.Title == 'En Progreso':

Incident.Status = Incident.Tasks.Status

• 3. Re: Is it possible to move the state of an incident from one of its tasks?
              andreas.lindner Expert

Hi VaLr,

in this case you can use a type standard precondition. It might look like this:

Attribute/Collection/Object: Tasks

Object Attribute: Status

Comparison: Equals (depends on what you like to do)

Condition: Latest value (depends on how many Tasks you plan to have, but I recommend "Latest value")

Value: select the task status.

Link that precondition e.g. to your Open status and follow the precondition with a "Move on" or any other automatic action you'd like to use. Then link it to the next status and that should be about all to do.

Bear in mind, that this system (doesn't matter if standard precondition or calculation) works pretty good, as long as you only have one task. With more tasks you might have to refine the solution and switch to a calculation in the precondition.

Cheers!

Andreas

1 of 1 people found this helpful