5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 17, 2017 4:32 PM by GreggSmith

Logout From Xtraction.

Shiny Rookie

I know this question might sound silly but how do we logout from Xtraction page? I can't seem to find it anywhere. Sorry as i'm new to Xtraction.

• 1. Re: Logout From Xtraction.
          cjensen SupportEmployee

Hi,

You can logout by choosing the 'Logout' option from the Xtraction menu at the bottom of the Xtraction browser window as seen below:

Untitled.png

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Logout From Xtraction.
            GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Hello,

What version of Xtraction are you running?  If it is a newer version, you should have a Logout button like mentioned above.

If you are running an older version of Xtraction, it is possible that you do not have a Logout button.  The change to always having a Logout button present happened back in the 13.x or 14.x days (I forget exactly when).

You can click on the About button (see the screenshot in the previous post) to determine which version you are running.

Thanks,

Gregg

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Logout From Xtraction.
              Shiny Rookie

Hi Gregg,

Thanks for the reply. We are using Version 13.3.5088.949. So it's likely that we don't have a logout button. Users normally just close the browser. But my concern is that does closing a browser really log the user out? Thanks again.

• 4. Re: Logout From Xtraction.
                Shiny Rookie

Hi Cjensen,

We do not have logout button beside 'About'. Thanks.

• 5. Re: Logout From Xtraction.
                  GreggSmith SupportEmployee

You are correct.  Just closing the browser does not log out the user.  The user's session will stay open for some time before it times out.  During that time, a user license is still in use.

I would strongly encourage you to upgrade.  There is a lot of great functionality that has been added over the last 3.5 years.  Among other things, you will have a Logout button.

Thanks,

Gregg