2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2017 3:59 AM by phoffmann

LDMS: Devices that appears more 100 times.

Rookie

Hi

In LDMS 9.5 SP2, I've a trouble with duplicate devices.

In the console, there  devices that appears more 100 times.

I modified the column set to only devices name, but the trouble continue.

The issue have 4 o 5 day olds and the only strange is that the directory ldscan had ver 15000 files and  inventory of device is around 4500 devices.

regards

• 1. Re: LDMS: Devices that appears more 100 times.
          Rookie

Hi

I have been checking the issue, and find that the "Device ID" are different for each "Device Name".

The "Device ID", is the agent identifier that is on each device?.

Regards

• 2. Re: LDMS: Devices that appears more 100 times.
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Without having a look at your database, we won't be able to tell you what's going on and why.

The biggest immediate problem here is that you're on version 9.5 -- which has been end-of-life'd for a few years now.

While this sort of problem/situation MAY arise with newer versions of LANDesk just as well potentially, there's no active support for 9.5 ... so we can't really take a look at your database / setup, unless you stumble across someone who still has a 9.5 VM setup lying around that they could import your DB into.

You can *TRY* to contact support & see if you happen to find someone who still has an old environment around maybe, but it'd be ENTIRELY down to a "good will" effort here.

Chances are that there's a logically legitimate explanation for this (the logic for that stuff has been fine for 10+ years) -- and it's usually more a situation of finding out what exactly is going on in / with your environment. But with a Core that old ... that'll get difficult.

Hope that helps a bit?