2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2017 7:43 AM by GreggSmith

How do I combine multiple top level Data Sources to get a single metric?

Boognish Rookie

So extreme Newbie here............ I am in process of having to record a metric showing "Active open tickets" by a certain "Contact" group.  The problem at hand is that i have to pull the active tickets from "CA Service Desk.Inc/Prob/Req/Iss/Chg"  Data Source but my Contact records is in "CA Service Desk Admin.Contact".  Am I able to do so and if so anyone care to help me out.

darta.png

• 1. Re: How do I combine multiple top level Data Sources to get a single metric?
          Mohammad Haddad Apprentice

Hi,

you should first ask if there's a data source for CSA service desk that linked with the user table.

another solution to create a view in DB to have the columns you want then pull them into xtraction

• 2. Re: How do I combine multiple top level Data Sources to get a single metric?
            GreggSmith SupportEmployee

Hello,

You do not need both views.  Based on your description of what you are trying to report on, everything should already exist in that combined ticket view.

That combined ticket view already has 4 mappings to the Contact table, representing each ticket's Group, Assignee, Created By, and Customer.  It sounds like you are interested in the Group mapping that already exists.

Below is a screenshot taken while setting up a dashboard showing what you need (and a little more).

sdm_groups.jpg

(1) Set the appropriate filters.  To report on all open tickets, you want the filters for "Active Equals Yes" and "Status Does Not Equal Resolved" (you may need to repeat this one if you have multiple "resolved" statuses.

(2) From the Group Component section, under the display type you desire (pie chart, bar chart, grid, etc.) drag "Group" over to get the Top 10 Groups with open tickets (of all types, because you are using the combined ticket view)

(3) From the Group Component section, under the display type you desire (pie chart, bar chart, grid, etc.) drag "Assignee" over to get the Top 10 Analysts with open tickets (of all types, because you are using the combined ticket view)

Not shown: You could drag over a Group Pivot (use the grid view) for "Group" and then "Ticket Type" to get the same Top 10 Groups with open tickets, only further broken down by ticket type.

I hope this helps.  Let me know if you have any questions about anything above.

Thanks,

Gregg