5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2008 11:53 AM by zman

Constant Refresh on Portal

zman Master

8.8 sp1 XP client just on client. The portal screen constantly refreshes (scroll down it refreshes to the top). I have reinstalled, removed the client,etc.. I've narrowed it down to this:

Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 3876: Request Received "GET /policy.cgi.exe HTTP/1.1"
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 3876: CGI "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\policy.cgi.exe" launched
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 3876: CGI request did not have a content length, assuming 0 length (0 bytes availabe in ECB)
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 3876: The CGI application has closed its pipe
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 2004: Request Received "GET /policyweb/policy.css HTTP/1.1"
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 2004: Anonymous user impersonation, failed to get the Logon CBA Anonymous user (error 569)
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 2004: Error, unable to impersonate the anonymous user
      Thu, 09 Oct 2008 16:11:42 2004: getfile: Processing GET request for <C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\policyweb\policy.css>

Repeats with all files in the policyweb folder.

Everything else seems to work fine. The cba account is there, etc.. 

• 1. Re: Constant Refresh on Portal
          Tracy Expert

Zman,

Is there anything in the "status"column in your portal, other than blank or complete?  While an operation is in progress, the portal will refresh every 5 or so seconds. We have mentioned this to development and they are looking into it. The problem is that if you have 20+ policies, you can not ever make it to the bottom of the list because of the refresh. Is that what you are talking about, or does it have something to do with the "annonymuous user" error? I haven't seen that one before, but am trying a couple things to dupe.

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Constant Refresh on Portal
            Joshni SupportEmployee

I spoke to developers about this the refresh issue the other day.  It will be resolved in the next version of LANDesk.

Josh

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Constant Refresh on Portal
              zman Master

Tracy/Josh,

I don't believe this is the same item. If I did I would not put a post in since I spoke to Cameron about this the other day    . I'm getting old but not that old - LOL.

No software is being installed, no xml files are being updated, etc...  My feelings are it is checking the local policyweb files and looping due to the error listed above. That error above keeps repeating with all the policyweb files and coincides with the refresh.

• 4. Re: Constant Refresh on Portal
                Tracy Expert

I didn't think it was going to be that easy, but I had to check. Do you have any idea how the machines are getting into that state? I tried a bunch of stuff yesterday to try and dupe the error, but couldn't. Any more info you can give will help. Did you open a ticket on this yet?

-Tracy

• 5. Re: Constant Refresh on Portal
                  zman Master

Well just one machine so far. It is pretty crapped up machine. I just thought it would be one of those, oh yeah just do x and it will fix it.  So let's just call this quits until it happens on more machines.  I may just  reimage the machine.