3 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 1:33 PM by carlos

CSA via PROXY

carlos Expert

LDMS 9.6 SP3

CSA

Hello we have some clients that want to use the CSA via PROXY, is this possible?

They have asked me for the LANDESK certificate.

Any help is appreciated.

Best

• 1. Re: CSA via PROXY
          carlos Expert

The Certificate that I'm trying to use is found on: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\broker (On the client)

However they are asking me for a PFX, for that I'm trying to convert the .cer to PFX using OpesSSL found here: Binaries - OpenSSLWiki  --->  Index of /SSL

I'm using the openssl-0.9.8r-x64_86-win64-rev2

Then I open "openssl.exe"

I placed the broker files in the same directory

I have found that i should use this command: pkcs12 -export -out TEST.pfx -inkey broker.key -in broker.crt -certfile broker.crt

This seems to work until i get the prompt: enter the passphrase for broker.key

This seems to be like password or something because the field doesn't show anything as I type, what should I enter there?

Any help is appreciated.

Best.

• 2. Re: CSA via PROXY
            carlos Expert

Another question related to this, the files in C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Shared Files\cbaroot\broker (on the client) are from the core certificate or the CSA certificate?

In the CSA I installed a 3rd party cert and i can see there is one from the core

cert.png

Which one is the used in the client side? both?

tnx.

• 3. Re: CSA via PROXY
              carlos Expert

This works but unfortunately I do not know how.

A customer created the proxy, exported the certs etc, and its working now.

So it works I do not know how.