0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 30, 2017 6:15 AM by DanJones

Help with - Install Office 2016 + Language pack

DanJones Apprentice

What is the best way to package Office 2016 so that it installs a Language pack?

We have various languages used Globally however we want our default installation to be English meaning that we must deploy a language pack with the default install, the language pack will vary by country.

Is it best to create separate packages each with a different language pack and then have it call the main Office install, as I have tried to do so far? - however this seems not to be working (yet) it is still in the 'installing' status after 24hrs!

What I have done so far, and what works/does not...

Working :

So far I have created the default package for Office 2016 (in English) and using the customisation tool, set it to be silent.

I have then created the Office 2016 Package in management suite, following the guide that can be found here: How to Create and Deploy a Package for Microsoft Office 2013

I have tested my package and it deploys correctly.

Not Working:

I created a package for German Language:

Primary File:

Pointed to the Setup.exe within the language pack extracted ISO

Install\Uninstall Information:

I have included the MSI switch \config \ConfigDE.xml

The XML contains the following information

<Configuration Product="Office.de-de">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<AddLanguage Id="de-de" ShellTransform="yes" />

</Configuration>

Additional Files:

All [xxxx].de-de folders and the additional files, including the ConfigDE.xml (except setup.exe) from within the language pack extracted ISO

Dependant Packages:

I have specified the Working English language package mentioned in 'Working'

I have then Scheduled the package and run against a machine, I can see that Office has been installed, however the package is still running after 24hrs, I don't want to open any of the office products until either the package is complete or I have cancelled the current install

Does anyone have any insight as to what have I done wrong?!