2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 7, 2017 12:12 PM by Justus.Niemeyer

Not able to schedule Modified Canned Report

Justus.Niemeyer Apprentice

Hello,

For some reason, I am not able to create a scheduled report from one I modified. I performed a copy/paste of the Unmanaged Devices canned report, made changes to the SQL query, and it is running exactly as I want. However, when I right-click on the report, I do not have the ability to schedule it. Is this a limitation of the software? Is there any way to enable this functionality?

Thanks,

Justus

• 1. Re: Not able to schedule Modified Canned Report
          rdavidson SupportEmployee

Hello,

The "Unmanaged Devices" canned report can't be scheduled, and that limitation would impact any copies of it as well.

• 2. Re: Not able to schedule Modified Canned Report
            Justus.Niemeyer Apprentice

Thanks rdavidson. I've been meaning to get back to you on this, but it looks like someone already marked it as the correct answer. I've been working on making my own version of this because I find the report so useful, but it is tedious to manually run it.

So, if anyone needs a way around this, I made a SQL query that does the same thing and strips out a lot of the excess (for my purposes) information. I then translated this query into a SQL job that transforms it into a table and emails it on a monthly basis. Anyway, here is the query.

SELECT DISTINCT

A0.NODENAME,

A0.IPADDRESS,

A0.SUBNETMASK,

A0.OSNAME,

A1.GROUPNAME

FROM

UNMANAGEDNODES A0

LEFT OUTER JOIN DEVICEGROUPINFO A1

ON A0.DEVICEGROUPINFO_IDN = A1.DEVICEGROUPINFO_IDN

WHERE

(A0.NODENAME IS NOT NULL OR A0.IPADDRESS IS NOT NULL OR A0.PHYSADDRESS IS NOT NULL)

and A1.GROUPNAME = 'Computers'

order by GROUPNAME

Thanks again for your help with this.