3 Replies Latest reply on May 25, 2017 9:24 AM by JulianWigman

Changes in TTL from 7.8.2 and 2016.4

Guy_Walton Apprentice

in the Whats new document for 2016.4 it states that in 2016.3 TTL was changed so the following is not transferd the same

attachment data (tps_attachment_data) is not migrated from test to live

groups and roles in the live database are not changed or deleted when you use Test to Live – only new groups that have been added to the test database are migrated to live

reference lists, ordered lists, and categories in the live database are not changed or deleted when you use Test to Live – only new items that have been added to the test database are migrated to live

agreements and response levels in the live database are not changed or deleted when you use Test to Live – only new agreements and response levels that have been added to the test database are migrated to live

is there any way of transferring the changes of these in 2016.4 from the test system to the live system without manually making the changes in Live?

Would the old TTL files transfer everything?  (for us the old TTL in 7.8.2 took around 60 mins, the new one is around 5 mins)

• 1. Re: Changes in TTL from 7.8.2 and 2016.4
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Guy,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

Please update this thread when you have further information. It may benefit others on the Community.

Michael

• 2. Re: Changes in TTL from 7.8.2 and 2016.4
            Guy_Walton Apprentice

I would love to ... but I do not know the answers, this is why I posted the questions

1) Is there any way of transferring the changes of these in 2016.4 from the test system to the live system without manually making the changes in Live?

2) Would the old TTL files transfer everything?

• 3. Re: Changes in TTL from 7.8.2 and 2016.4
              JulianWigman Expert

I don't believe you can and a big dose of ire from me on this as now it makes it really hard to do DEV->TEST->LIVE development without having to repeat the same DEV tasks  in each of TEST and LIVE along the way.  And to have to do in LIVE out of hours and under pressure is hugely frustrating IMHO.

It was fine in the old feature set where you knew you could TAKE a backup of LIVE back into TEST just prior to doing for real and dry-run the go-LIVE night;  now it's just a royal "pain in the C#"  to do as repeating design config and could therefore lead to mistakes post UAT.

A huge usability regression sadly IMHO!  :0(

1 of 1 people found this helpful