1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 24, 2017 9:52 AM by LANDeskWizrd

System scans

erie774im Apprentice

I am new to LANDESK and have a few questions about the LDMS functionality. We will be implementing LDMS in conjunction with the Asset Management module in order to maintain our inventory. I have looked for documentation/manuals for LDMS, how it is configured, how it works, etc. but cannot find anything. Can someone please tell me:

1. What the scan pulls in? Will it capture peripheral devices attached to the PC (monitors, keyboard, scanners, etc?)
      2. Will the scan capture network printers?
      3. Will the scan capture hard drive serial numbers?

Your answers will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 1. Re: System scans
          LANDeskWizrd SSMMVPGroup

I don't recall ever seeing a document outlining everything that is captured during an Inventory scan. All I can say is that it captures more information than you might care to know . Best thing to do is spend a little time looking at inventory to get familiar with all the different attributes available. One other thing is that you can capture pretty much any regkey value as well as capture WMI query results into Inventory.

As for your questions,

1. What the scan pulls in? Will it capture peripheral devices attached to the PC (monitors, keyboard, scanners, etc?) Yes, it will capture this information.
          2. Will the scan capture network printers? Yes
          3. Will the scan capture hard drive serial numbers? Yes

This is a good starting point Ivanti Endpoint Manager and Endpoint Security - Inventory Frequently Asked Questions

1 of 1 people found this helpful