3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 12, 2017 4:45 PM by rdavidson

Dell Ship Date DTS query failing when more than 20 devices selected.

tvetterlein Rookie

We've just had our Cores consolidated and migrated to a new box and are looking to pull in all the required data for machine refreshes on the new version.

When I run the Dell Devices Dat Translation Services query to try to scrape the warranty info it appears to complete but does not populate the devices with the Asset Info.

When I make it a little more targeted and just query laptops it still fails.

After some playing around I've found out that it seems to have a <20 device limit to pull in the required data and populate the devices.

Has anyone else found this to be the case? Is there any way around this? We need to get data for every machine in our estate bar the few I have used for my test queries.

Many thanks in advance.

EDIT - I've dug around in the log files and get the following when trying to query larger lists of machines:

Error getting warranty information for <list of machines that have been queried> The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at ManagedPlanet.DTS.DellWarranty.GetWebData(String sURL, String& sData, String& sErr)

When I query smaller sets of machines it returns the info with no errors.