3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2017 4:58 AM by bezkarl

Exclude nulls from List/Sort calculations

Apprentice

Hi,

I am using the following calculation to obtain a "journal"/summary of assignments in an incident:

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Incident):

SortedAssign = List(Incident.Assignments as Collections.IEnumerable)

SortedAssign.Sort() do (first, last):

return last.CreationDate.CompareTo(first.CreationDate)

Value= "<br>"

for Assignments in SortedAssign:

Value += String.Format("\r\n <font color='#214282' size='2'><b>Assignment Date:</b></font> <font size='2'><i>{0}</i></font> <font color='#214282' size='2'><b>Added By:</b></font> <font size='2'><i>{1}</i></font><br><br> <font size='2'>{2}</font><br><br><hr>",Assignments.CreationDate.ToLocalTime().ToString("dd.MM.yyyy h:mm tt"), Assignments.CreationUser.Title, Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge)

return Value

There are occasions when the assignment reason/text will be null, and if possible I want to exlude these from the output.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if so could please point me in the right direction?

Kind regards,

Karl

• 1. Re: Exclude nulls from List/Sort calculations
          andreas.lindner Expert

Hi Karl,

should be possible. In your for loop add an If that looks like this:

if Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge != null:

Value += String.Format(.....)

Or turn the comparison around and use this:

if Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge == null:

Value += String.Format(....,Assigments.CreationUser.Title, "No Details")

That should do the trick.

Andreas

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Exclude nulls from List/Sort calculations
            Apprentice

Thanks Andreas I will give it a go and let you know how I get on.

Kind regards,

Karl

• 3. Re: Exclude nulls from List/Sort calculations
              Apprentice

Hi Andreas,

I went with your second solution as I didn't really want entries to be removed from the summary altogther so the assignment details and timestamp are still seen.

Here is my relevant code:

Value= "<br>"

for Assignments in SortedAssign:

if Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge == null:
                 Value += String.Format("\r\n <font color='#214282' size='2'><b>Assignment Date:</b></font> <font size='2'><i>{0}</i></font> <font color='#214282' size='2'><b>Added By:</b></font> <font size='2'><i>{1}</i></font><br><br> <font size='2'>{2}</font><br><br><hr>",Assignments.CreationDate.ToLocalTime().ToString("dd.MM.yyyy h:mm tt"),Assignments.CreationUser.Title, "<font size='3'><b>Automatic assignment</b></font>")
                 if Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge != null:
                 Value += String.Format("\r\n <font color='#214282' size='2'><b>Assignment Date:</b></font> <font size='2'><i>{0}</i></font> <font color='#214282' size='2'><b>Added By:</b></font> <font size='2'><i>{1}</i></font><br><br> <font size='2'>{2}</font><br><br><hr>",Assignments.CreationDate.ToLocalTime().ToString("dd.MM.yyyy h:mm tt"), Assignments.CreationUser.Title, Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge)

return Value

There are occasions where the analysts enter a ' ' (blank value) into the text (and they shouldn't!), which is not a null value, so as it stands this will show as blank in the summary. I have tried if Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge == null or ' ': in the first if statement which works to meet the criteria, but as the blank value also meets the second if statement it adds the summary detail twice. Adding if Assignments._ReasonforReassignLarge != null or ' ' doesn't seem to work.

I'm not too bothered about this as I am happy for the summary text to show as blank, but do you have any ideas?

Kind regards,

Karl