2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2017 11:39 AM by carlos

Distribute Alert Task via CSA (Rulesets)

carlos Expert

LDMS 9.6SP2

CSA

Can I Edit an existing RuleSet? When I select one and click EDIT, I do not see the lower Bar (with the 3 components  ALERTS, Actions and Time) This seems to be only available in new rulesets.

What are my options to Update a RuleSet when my devices are using the CSA?

If I create a new RuleSet, I can Distribute or Remove rulesets with the option to replace, this creates a Task BUT I do not have an option to set the task as Policy (CSA) If I schedule the task (adding the machine in question) the task just sits there, it never goes to "Policy has been made available" therefore its not being picked up by the Client (using the CSA)

Redeploying an Agent is my only option?

Best

• 1. Re: Distribute Alert Task via CSA (Rulesets)
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for posting to the Community.

It might be worth using our Advice Center to get some insight in this.

Michael

• 2. Re: Distribute Alert Task via CSA (Rulesets)
            carlos Expert

Can I Edit an existing RuleSet? Nope.

When I select one and click EDIT, I do not see the lower Bar (with the 3 components  ALERTS, Actions and Time) This seems to be only available in new rulesets. Yeap.

What are my options to Update a RuleSet when my devices are using the CSA? Send an Change Setting task, by clicking the schedule task icon under agent Settings window. There you can update any specific setting.

If I create a new RuleSet, I can Distribute or Remove rulesets with the option to replace, this creates a Task BUT I do not have an option to set the task as Policy (CSA) If I schedule the task (adding the machine in question) the task just sits there, it never goes to "Policy has been made available" therefore its not being picked up by the Client (using the CSA)

Redeploying an Agent is my only option? Nope, Same as before, send an Change Setting task, by clicking the schedule task icon under agent Settings window. There you can update any specific setting.