6 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2017 9:44 AM by brad.e.smith

Query help

brad.e.smith Apprentice

LDMS 9.6 SP3

I'm looking to create a query for AMT SCS Information> firmware version in our environment. The versioning across our 3600+ nodes runs a broad scope of ranges from 5.2.10.1023 all the way to 11.0.18.1002 with multiple variations in between. The challenge in this case [for us] is we're only wanting to target last 4 digits in the versioning for versions greater than *.*.*.3000

"Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "5."

("Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "5."

and "Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "*.3000")

("Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "5."

and "Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "%.3000")

"Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "*.3000")

"Computer"."AMT Information"."AMT SCS Information"."Firmware Version"  >  "%.3000")

Have all failed to produce any viable results, of course.

Can any of you query gurus out there get me pointed in the right direction?

• 1. Re: Query help
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

Your problem is that you are trying to use a LIKE operator (where the "*.3000" syntax would be correct for the console tool) with "the wrong kind" of operator. So you're attempting to combine a "less than / larger than" with a "LIKE..." based operation where that won't work.

*IF* you have a SQL guy (usually your DBA), have him have a look at your problem (from a raw SQL Syntax side of things) and get him to add his 5 pence on how he'd solve it (apologies for not being able to think straight due to jet lag & sleep deprivation thanks to a "kind" firealarm deciding to act like a yo-yo) .

Once I've got some SQL pattern to look at, I can help you with either trying to translate it into a "Console SQL statement" (if possible - I suspect it may not be) - or help you with locating the relevant tables / fields so that you can run a SQL staement for it.

Does that sound fair?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Query help
            brad.e.smith Apprentice

We'd actually discussed talking to one of our DBA's yesterday. I'll see what information I can get.

• 3. Re: Query help

Sure - let me know what they come up with. Still bouncing around the country side a bit - but if your DBA's don't mind sharing a leg up, I can sort out the DB-tables and such pretty quickly for you .

• 4. Re: Query help
                brad.e.smith Apprentice

Here’s the query they came up with for the database:

select top 1 FWVersion, REVERSE(LEFT(REVERSE(FWVersion),CHARINDEX('.', REVERSE(FWVersion),0)-1)) as 'Last4 of FWVer'

from [LANDesk].[dbo].[AMT_SCS_Info]

WHERE FWVersion <> '3000'

• 5. Re: Query help

Awesome stuff!

That will work *as long* as you actually have string that have a "1.2.3.4" type format.

Here's a slightly more friendly / operable version (giving hostnames) linked up:

select COMP.DeviceName, AMT.FWVersion, REVERSE(LEFT(REVERSE(FWVersion),CHARINDEX('.', REVERSE(FWVersion),0)-1)) as 'Last4 of FWVer'
                  from AMT_SCS_Info AMT
                  LEFT OUTER JOIN COMPUTER COMP (nolock) on AMT.Computer_Idn = COMP.Computer_Idn
                  WHERE FWVersion <> '3000'

... Need any other fields added while we're at it?

(COMPUTER is the "mother of all tables" and COMPUTER_IDN's are how we keep track of individual devices across 90% of database tables)

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • 6. Re: Query help
                    brad.e.smith Apprentice

You've been a great help, phoffmann!