1 Reply Latest reply on May 17, 2017 6:52 AM by phoffmann

Cannot activate core server LDMS 9.5

Rookie

Hi,

Our maintenance has expired and I need help activating our core server license.  I have already tried the following with no success, it gets rejected:

LANDESK Management Suite 9.5LANDESK Management Suite 9.6

The following may be tried in the event an activation file cannot be created or the core server otherwise fails to activate:

1. Make sure your console is closed
      2. Try to activate your normal way - but check the box "show content"
      3. When this fails go to your Authorization Files usually located here:
      4. sC:\Program Files\LANDesk\Authorization Files\
      5. Check to see if a .txt file NOT a .save or .txt.save but a .txt file has been created
      6. If no file has been created check to see how many .txt's and .save's are in this folder; if there are more then 15 or 20 of each delete them all and
      7. Retry normal activation process agains
      8. You should now see that a new .txt file has just been created - go ahead and send that file into [email protected]
      9. When you get the Authorization File back just drop it in the same place "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\Authorization Files\" when it disappears reopen your console and you should be good to go.

Is there anything else I can do?

Thank you,

MauiGuy

• 1. Re: Cannot activate core server LDMS 9.5
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

You can get in touch with support, if in doubt. Their contact details can be found here -- Contact Ivanti Support .

Generally speaking, you should be able to re-activate your Core cia the Core Activation tool (assuming it has www-access). The e-mail process can / does sometimes fall afoul of e-mail filters (either on your end or ours - blacklists & such can be "fun" like that) ... and sometimes, support can help out by e-mailing the relevant activation file on your behalf & providing you the response file back, for example.

So regular support would be your first go-to at this rate, that'll give you a bit of a breather to look into any www and/or e-mail problems that may exist on your end for future re-activations (every 90-ish days).

As a side note ... do be aware that LANDesk Management Suite 9.5 has been EOL (End-of-life'd) for several years now, and doesn't support Windows 10 among other things fully. I would *STRONGLY* recommend upgrading the Core Server version as soon as possible.