8 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2017 11:28 AM by teak421

Workspaces Interface

teak421 Rookie

Hi there... We're a new customer that just got LanDesk back in Jan...  My apologies up front for a negative type message here but... The interface for the Workspaces are simply terrible.  Tons of wasted space, horrible color schemes, etc.  Can this be customized completely?  Is this the only interface the end-users / help desk techs can use? 

mg

• 1. Re: Workspaces Interface
          mcf43292 Employee

Hi mg,

Ivanti Service Desk is made up of two front end interfaces WebAccess and Workspaces which also known as BridgeIT. There are many ways to customise both interfaces and that can be the joy of being either the Administrator or Designer of the application. Creating or adjusting Dashboards and Windows with easy to use and colourful design can improve its appearance. I suggest if this is your remit to perhaps to catch-up on some of the Webinars taking place on Workspaces which outline some of the design ideas others use but also how you can get started adjusting the interface to your needs. There is one coming up shortly on 2017.1 which may be of interest.

To be honest the interface is a massive step up in the right direction, compatible with most browsers, size dynamic and much cleaner in appearance. It's had nothing but positive feedback at our company.

Happy to help or share some of our content to get you started.

Thanks

Stephen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Workspaces Interface
            teak421 Rookie

Thanks for the note... While I agree it looks great it has far too much wasted space... And, there are too many clicks.  For example, say I open an incident up and I want to review a note from another tech.  I have to click on NOTES and then click on the note in question.  Why so many clicks?  Compared to our old system you clicked on the ticket and could see all the interactions basically on a single page...maybe a little scrolling is necessary.  In any event, this is subjective and lots of people like it...but...not so much on my part.

• 3. Re: Workspaces Interface
              DanJones Apprentice

Rather than clicking around it is possible to create an attribute that shows the note history on the window, I have set this up, with a window calculation, so that the note history attribute is only shown when there are notes present on the incident:

• 4. Re: Workspaces Interface
                Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

As DanJones mentioned, This can be added into the same form without the need to scroll all the way down and keep clicking to reach what you need. Plus, This can be applied on couple of objects, like Tasks, Resolution ...etc.

• 5. Re: Workspaces Interface
                  mcf43292 Employee

DanJones can you share your calculation please?

• 6. Re: Workspaces Interface
                    Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Check this out as it may help:

History.boo

• 7. Re: Workspaces Interface
                      DanJones Apprentice

My Note History attribute has the following After Read Calculation

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Incident):

SortedNotes = List(Incident.Notes as Collections.IEnumerable)

SortedNotes.Sort() do (last,first):

return first.CreationDate.CompareTo(last.CreationDate)

Value = ''

for Note in SortedNotes:

Value += String.Format("Note {0} added by {1} on {2} \r\n<br /> {3}\r\n<br />\r\n<br />-----------------------------------------------------------------\r\n<br />\r\n<br />",Note.SerialNumber,Note.RaiseUser.Title,Note.CreationDate,Note.Text)

return Value

Then I have an Attribute I named Window Calc with the following Window Calculation calculation

Dependency = Title

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Incident):

Value = ''

if Incident.Notes.Count == 0:

Value = ':SetHidden(_NoteHistory, true);'

return Value

I have then put both attributes on the Incident window with NoteHistory set so that it is visible and WindowCalc set so that it is hidden.

• 8. Re: Workspaces Interface
                        teak421 Rookie

This is really cool... I like how this can be modified how we want it...  Thanks for your help!