4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2008 8:32 AM by phoffmann

WINPE image capture failed

Asraf Radzi Apprentice

Hi Guys,

I get this error on my ldlog folder regarding OSD.

"TESTING","OK",0,0:00:00,10/14/2008 11:15:55 AM,10/14/2008 11:15:55 AM,"WINPE, TIMEOUT=1800"
      "TESTING","OK",5,0:02:18,10/14/2008 11:15:55 AM,10/14/2008 11:18:13 AM,"diskpart /s X:\LDClient\rmvol.txt"
      "TESTING","ERR_Fail",-1917190197,0:02:10,10/14/2008 11:18:13 AM,10/14/2008 11:20:23 AM,"drvmap.exe domain\administrator 1084D0C0931B2EA0ED07D24633E I: <qt/>\\core-server.domain.my\ldlogon<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"
      ; "Job Complete","0 Done","1 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

I had successfully set my PXE rep on my coreserver

My coreserver is connected to domain but my laptop (want to be image capture) is not connected to domain.

My LANDesk is 8.8 SP2.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

• 1. Re: WINPE image capture failed

It's failing when running this line of the script:

"TESTING","ERR_Fail",-1917190197,0:02:10,10/14/2008 11:18:13 AM,10/14/2008 11:20:23 AM,"drvmap.exe domain\administrator 1084D0C0931B2EA0ED07D24633E I: <qt/>
          core-server.domain.my\ldlogon<qt/>, STATUS FACILITY=3513"

Can you modify your script to use the server's IP Address instead of the FQDN?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: WINPE image capture failed
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

Please check:

Core as a PXE Rep is a bad thing. If this is just for testing, then OK, but if this is for prod, please use something als as the PXE rep.

That said, in this case, you're falling over on the authentication to the network.

drvmap.exe domain\administrator 1084D0C0931B2EA0ED07D24633E I: <qt/>

(I'm assuming here that you've edited the log to hide your domain name). Try the proper command-line from a command-prompt in WinPE ... if that fails, you've got network issues. You CAN log on with a machine-local account (i.e. "MyImageServer\SomeLocalUser") as well.

Please make sure you've also followed the instructions for setting the local policies on your Core / PXE-reps as detailed in the LANDesk Users guide - "LDMSUsers.pdf" - which you can find on the product CD, on page 49 of 121, under the heading "Preparing a Windows 2003 Server for a

Management Suite core server installation". Most of those policies mentioned are there for OSD to work.

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead

• 3. Re: WINPE image capture failed
              ahe Expert

And if you don't have a CD (like me  ) take a look here:

A Basic Installation Walk-thru for LDMS 8.8 on Windows 2003 R2 SP2

Best Known Method for Deploying Windows XP using Windows PE

@Paul: I've tried to translate the error -1917190197 to  Facility code and Error-Code, I got  3513: 65483... does exist a list of this facility/error codes?

I found the following only:

Facility Code: 3510

Description: Exit codes with this facility code originate from IMAGE.EXE

Facility Code: 3511

Description: Exit codes with this facility code originate from Symantec* Ghost*

Facility Code: 3512

Description: Exit codes with this facility code originate from PowerQuest* ImageCenter

and a short list of IMAGE.EXE error codes:

1 Invalid Parameters
              2 Can’t Find Entry or Add Entry - Occasionally encountered in mage Creation tasks. Check to see if the rights for the Image Directory have changed since creating the OSD Script.
              3 If the VBoot or BOOTMENU images are modified and additional items are added such as TSRs which require additional memory usage, the imaging tool may not have enough memory to perform the necessary tasks and thus the "out of memory" message will be received. This is not a limitation of IMAGE.EXE but rather a limitation of DOS. This message can also be received if HIMEM.SYS fails to load during the boot process of the computer.
              4 File system not valid or not formatted
              5 Entrynum and / or area on disk is occupied
              6 Program reading / writing hard drive
              7 Couldn’t update MBR
              8 Couldn’t update boot sector
              9 Overwrote existing partition but failed
              10 Problem Read / Writing file - Disk Full
              11 Image file format header missing
              12 Hard drive not large enough
              13 Cannot restore and add a new entry
              14 Cannot write to MBR for manufacturer clear
              15 Out of XMS Memory – HIMEM.SYS not loaded
              16 Cannot run from DOS box
              17 Hard Drive is too small
              18 Rewrite failed for DVD+RW
              19 Byte for Byte check failed

• 4. Re: WINPE image capture failed
                phoffmann SupportEmployee

In this particular case, you ignore the exit code and look more closely on where in the script we failed.

Since we've fallen flat on our face on the DRVMAP command, that's where efforts should be spent. This usually ends up being one of two things:

1 - Bad credentials.

2 - The server we're talking to has incorrectly configured policies (which is why I pointed them out).

That solves 99% of those cases (this allows for 1% "general weirdness" to occur).

Other than that - great link providing .

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesK EMEA Technical Lead