2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2017 3:58 AM by John Haddad

Hide an attribute in a service catalogue window but show in web access for analyst

Shabba32 Apprentice

In my window I could highlight an attribute, for example assigned group, go to properties and select Show on Window 'False'

This would of course mean that it would not be displayed when the end user goes to the service catalogue, which is great as I don't want the end user to be able to see it.

However, it also means that when the Analyst opens the request in Web Console he or she doesn't see it as well - I need the analyst to be able to see it in Web Console.

What is the best solution for hiding something from an End User in the service catalogue but allowing the Analyst to see it in Web Console?

Hope that makes sense.

• 1. Re: Hide an attribute in a service catalogue window but show in web access for analyst
          Motaz ITSMMVPGroup

Well, there are two methods. One is by calculation (To check the current type of the user) and the other is by creating two separate windows.

I don't have the calculation now since I am out of office, But if you create two windows (One with the field and the other without) you can then use the View Management within the Window Manager to assign each window based on the user type.

• 2. Re: Hide an attribute in a service catalogue window but show in web access for analyst
            John Haddad Expert

Hi Shabba,

in simple way you can create a window for end user have the required attributes, and another for Analyst

in View management under Window manager , give one for analyst in web access( Default ) and another for end user

or try this calculation it will help :

change the End user rule to the rule granted for endusers and the attributes in bold :

******************************************************************************************

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Incident):

Hidden = true

Username = Request.GetCurrentUserName().ToLower()

User = Request.GetObjectByAttribute("System.User", "Name", Username)

for item in User.UserRules:

if item.Rule.Name == "End user rule ":

Hidden= true

return String.Format( ":Sethidden(_Impact,{0});:Sethidden(_IncidentUrgency,{1});:SetReadOnly(RaiseUser,{2});",Hidden,Hidden,Hidden)

Hope this will help.

Thanks

John

1 of 1 people found this helpful