1 of 1 people found this helpful
This is tracked in a registry setting:
(Depending on your office version it may be under 14.0 or 15.0)
I add that registry value to a custom field using the Manage Software List in the console.
Yep - that's pretty much the way to do it (or you can write a custom vulnerability, and have a patch vulnerability for "32-bit Office" / "64-bit office" as it were .
I added the registry setting but I don't think we inventory the registry on the systems. But I might have found a work around by the following - "Computer"."Software"."Package"."Path" = "C:\PROGRAM FILES (X86)\MICROSOFT OFFICE\OFFICE14\EXCEL.EXE" . If it's in the program files(x86) folder it'll be the 32bit version
When you add the registry setting in the Managed Software List (and don't forget to click the Make it Available button - must be done on the core- to make it available to all systems) then the value will show up in the inventory at the location you specified.
I added the entry, clicked the Make it Available button on the core, but still don't see the item in the inventory. Is there a way to tell if it makes it available, I see no difference after I click the make it avail button
Have a computer do a full inventory sync scan. If you still don't see it then there are 2 things to check.
On the client check "C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\LDAPPL3.INI" to see if your change is in this file. If it is not then your client did not pull down the latest file from the core. Check with support.
Also run an inventory scan but have it go to a file. (Add the /o=<filename> to the ldiscn32.exe command line) Then look in the file to see if it captured the value.
It's in the C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\Data\LDAPPL3.INI file, but doesn't show up in the inventory nor the file that I had the inventory go to. there are other entries in the ldappl3.ini file as well that don't show up , what would cause that
What version of Landesk are you running? I recall that in the older versions new data fields were blocked and you had to approve them before they showed up in inventory. This is done on the core under configure services/inventory.
If that is not it, then I have reached the end of my expertise and you should contact support.
You have it the wrong way around.
The older versions (8.8 and before) accepted "anything" by default, leading to corrupted data very quickly.
Since 9.0 we block unknown data by default.
The entire process is described here - Issue: Custom Data is not Entered - Using the Unknown Items Inventory Tool -- including what you need to do to "allow" your new data.
In case you've never cleaned up your custom data (guessing not, since you're not familiar with that part of the tool), the following article may also be helpful:
That should sort you out .
It was my fault it didn't show up... I made a mistake when creating the custom field. It shows up now, it wasn't blocked
1 of 1 people found this helpful
Ah but in version 2016, if you create a new field in the Managed Software list it gets automatically approved. LANDesk realized that if I go through the trouble of specifying a new field via the console interface, it understands that I really do want it approved and saves me the extra step. Great feature! All other unexpected data is blocked.
Someone must've snuck that past me ... well - that makes an awful lot of sense as an addition.
Would've expected folks to tout that one out a bit louder ... but ah well.
Thanks for the pointer - I'll play with that a bit .