2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 19, 2017 9:01 AM by dunnsu

Associate Automatic Action to an Existing Window

dunnsu Apprentice

Hello -

I need help accomplishing what I thought would be an easy configuration, but... not so much.    In my Incident process, I have a decision marker that asks if the Incident Ticket should be converted to a change.  If the answer is yes, I want to prefill some mandatory fields on the Incident ticket (category and subcategory).

I created an automatic action called Set Category with the intention that the category would be set by selecting a hard value automatically.  I wanted this automatic action to be associated to the original Incident Window, however I can't find how to do this.  When I drag the automatic action to the process I get an error that it is not set to a window.

We're using LDSD 2016.

Any thoughts on how I can accomplish this?

Thanks,

Susan

• 1. Re: Associate Automatic Action to an Existing Window
          michael.odriscoll SupportEmployee

Hi Susan,

Thanks for your message.

Can you provide any update worth sharing with others here?

Michael

• 2. Re: Associate Automatic Action to an Existing Window
            dunnsu Apprentice

UPDATE -

Originally I had created the action in Business Objects, under Manage Actions.  This resulted in the system wanting a new window.

Instead I performed the following and it worked:

1. Navigate to Process Designer > Business Objects

2. Expand your module to get to Actions (in my case Incident Management > Incident > Actions

3. Select New Action

4. Name  your action and Action Type (in my case, type = Update)

5.  Allow Association with Window = True

6. Save

Now I drag that automatic action out to the process and it is associated with my main Incident window.  I can hard code fields in the Incident window when they meet the conditions of my decision object.