Thanks for posting to the Community.
Do you have any update you can share here with others?
No unfortunately, I have not been able to resolve this issue yet. We are planning to do an 2017.1 upgrade soon, i'm hoping that the issue will resolve itself after that.
Is there some type of trigger running on your User table in SQL that could be clearing that out when you change the User Type?
When I looked at the SQL Job Activity Monitor, I noticed that one of the jobs (ServiceDesk User Maintenance Scripts) were failing.
The Script runs 3 stored procedures against the PRD database:
- Dbo.sp_SetUserConsoleRoleLinks ‘End User’, ‘SelfServiceUser’;
- Dbo.sp_SetUserGroupLinks ‘End User’, ‘SelfServiceUsers’;
Is there a way to determine which stored procedure is failing?
In this case, I would assume that the SetNetworkLogin stored procedure is the issue. When I ran a debug on the procedure, I was unable to find any errors. Is there another way to test a procedure?
Below is the SetNetworkLogin Procedure:
I presume this script has run without error before?
I would have suspected ... set @Count = ' ' ... and corresponding ... if @count = ' ' ... might have failed as the variable is an integer so would have thought ... set @Count = 0 ... and corresponding ... if @count = 0 ...
Alright so I have fixed one issue with the "Service Desk User maintenance Scripts ". Now the job will run without any errors. The error was that in one of the Parameters in the stored procedure SetUserConsoleRoleLinks was missed spelled or had the wrong role. I have changed this and the job will run now. Whether this had anything to do with the Network Logins coming across from End User to Analyst, I'll test tomorrow with an user and let you all know the outcome.
Changing the Parameters of the stored procedure may have resolved this issue, I took an Analyst role switched to End User and back to Analyst with no issues. I took an End User and changed User Types to Analyst who wasn't already an Analyst and confirmed that the Network Login did come across. However I was unable to test if that user was able to sign in.
After resolving the "Service Desk User Maintenance Scripts", I have had no issues with users 'Network Logins' not coming across.
Thank you everyone that helped out on this issue!