3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2017 8:25 AM by fluxblocker

LDMC won't open; says our license is not valid.

Apprentice

We are paid up through February 2018.  I wonder if a recent Windows update could have caused this.

Everything was workign fine up until about a week ago.  I rebooted the core, and all the services are running, no other error messages or anything.

Core Server is Windows 2012 R2; member server, dedicated server.

Any recommendations are very much appreciated.

LDSX.PNG

• 1. Re: LDMC won't open; says our license is not valid.
          jabramson Apprentice

Go to Configure and click on Product Licensing. Check what it shows you are licensed for and expiration date. You may have to run LANDesk Core Server Activation with your license information and resubmit it to have it talk to LANDesk servers and reauthorize. It is required to do this to renew the server license for another year.

• 2. Re: LDMC won't open; says our license is not valid.
            phoffmann SupportEmployee

As an addition:

• Your "paid up" side is for covering support / subscriptions and such. (that's why in the "more licensing info" screen those have expiry dates)
            • The "license to use a version" is perpetual -- once "bought", you can use that version of the product indefinitely (thus your "version license" has an expiry of "never")

However  - as mentioned above - the Core *does* still need to get activated every 90 days (after which it enters a 30 day grace period) ... as the above poster pointed out, that's pretty much the only thing you should need to do & then everything will work.

Hope that helps.

• 3. Re: LDMC won't open; says our license is not valid.
              Apprentice

Thanks very much for your suggestions.

By "paid up", I simply meant our license is not up for renewal until sometime in Feb. 2018.

I ended up figuring out, with the help of support/knowledge base articles from the LANDesk support website, that the issue was .NET Framework 4.6.x.  Once I was able to remove all versions of .NET above 4.5.2 (I think the only version we had was only 4.6.1), it was smooth sailing.  I was able to reactivate, in other words.  Thanks again; I hope this helps anyone else that runs into this.