4 Replies Latest reply on Feb 3, 2009 4:05 AM by Timbatch

Calculating Hash for....

Rookie

Hi,

Am trying to deploy Outlook 2003, but as soon as I start the task it spends an eternity hashing all the additional files (it's currently been running since yesterday afternoon).  Am sure this didn't happen before we installed SP2 on 8.8.  Has anyone come across this problem?  Here is a bit of the log.

15/10/2008 11:27:08 : Calculating hash for ldapps\office\Outlook 2003 MST 2\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\VISUALUI.TTF
      15/10/2008 11:27:58 : Calculating hash for ldapps\office\Outlook 2003 MST 2\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\VSRUN\1033\CMDDEFUI.DLL
      15/10/2008 11:28:49 : Calculating hash for ldapps\office\Outlook 2003 MST 2\FILES\PFILES\MSOFFICE\OFFICE11\VSRUN\1033\CSSPKGUI.DLL

etc.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: Calculating Hash for....
          Apprentice

Hi,

I did also have this problem which happend when i went from 8.8 to SP1 - I've applied Service pack 2 as suggested by Support and the issues have gone away.

It was taking a minute to has the files, so in one of my deployments i had 800 odd files...so was taking a very long time before it even started doing anything!

I would log a case 

Regards

Chris

It seems to have raised its head again - just tried using the same job but using HTTP and its taking ages to hash and gets stuck on 1 of the files :(

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Calculating Hash for....
            Apprentice

I had a similar experience with Office 2003. What I did was to change the "Run from source" option in Delivery Method to "Use Multicast". The thing is that it seems that LANDesk network efficiency is very low when using "Run from Source" or "Download from Source" options.

Cheers

• 3. Re: Calculating Hash for....
              Apprentice

I have the same thing.

Apparently its a normal part of the process. The good news is it only does it once, unless you change your package.

• 4. Re: Calculating Hash for....
                Rookie

Logged a call with LANDesk and they provided a patch, which fixed the problem.