1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 15, 2017 4:53 AM by ColinWalton

Checking for current user Role in calculation

ColinWalton Rookie

There has been a thread on this subject in the past, however I have not been able to produce the results I require.

We have a calculation that hides/shows attributes on a window based on the CI Type of the record.

I now want to add a section that will perform the same attribute hide/show function, but based on a specific role assigned to the 'current user'.

Below is a modified extract that I have come up with so far. The text in blue italics is effectively the code I am expecting to identify the current user and if they have been assigned the specified role.

Testing the calculation is successful, however the attributes I would expect to show/hide based on the criteria below are not changing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Colin

import System

static def GetAttributeValue(Change):

Value = ''

hidePON = true

hideEQC = true

hidePUR = true

hideSUP = true

hideSUR = true

CurrentUserName = Change.GetCurrentUserName()

CurrentUserTitle = Change.GetObjectByAttribute("System.User", "Name", CurrentUserName)

if Change._ConfigItemTypeReference != null:    

for item in CurrentUserTitle.UserRoles:

if item.Role.Title == 'IT Asset Manager':

hidePON = false

hideEQC = false

hidePUR = false

hideSUP = false

hideSUR = false

Value = String.Format(":SetHidden(_ClonePONumber, {0});:SetHidden(_CloneCost, {1});:SetHidden(_ClonePurchaser, {2});:SetHidden(_CloneSupplier, {3});:SetHidden(_CloneSupplierReference, {4});", hidePON, hideEQC, hidePUR, hideSUP, hideSUR)        

return Value

Message was edited by: Colin Walton I have resolved this now by adding the attribute '_Role/Title' as a dependency.