1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 11:31 AM by GreggSmith

Xtractions - Trying to get distinct count of notes logged for FTF

MatthewM Rookie

Hi all,

Hopefully I won't sound like a complete idiot asking this!

So my service desk manager is asking for me to compile figures for him concerning a First Level Fix rate. This would be where the ticket was created and closed by our Service Desk. That is easy enough to do via a filter condition, but he then also wants from that data set a split of tickets that were resolved both with and without notes. The thing is that there is no field that logs a simple "yes" or "no" as to whether a note was logged. I had the thought to, like I would in Excel, do a simple "count" of the tickets, but I cant find that anywhere. At the same time, I don't know how I would then be able to display "yes" and "no" tickets together? Can anyone help?

Cheers,

Matt

• 1. Re: Xtractions - Trying to get distinct count of notes logged for FTF
          GreggSmith SupportEmployee

For this requirement, I would add a quick mapping to the data model to return the # of notes added to each ticket.  Then, you could map 2 different fields for use by Xtraction users.  One would be "# of Notes" or "Note Count" and the other would be "Notes (Y/N)" or something similar.  So, one field would be the # of notes attached to each ticket and the other would be a simple Yes/No field (Yes if # > 0; otherwise, No).

Hopefully, I'll have some time next week to put together a data model example video using this as the example.

Gregg