1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 17, 2008 4:31 PM by RyanG

OSD Issues

Rookie

Hi All,

I am sure this has been covered, and I have been tearing my hair out trying to get a result, so any suggestions would be beautiful. Here goes:

I am using OSD in SP2 to the point where I have a PXE representative and am capturing my WinPE Capture script as such. The script runs for approx 6 - 8 minutes and creates the images successfully.

The host machine is a Windows XP SP3 desktop with 1 single NTFS partition of approx 158gb. ImageW (when capturing) reports it as Disk 1, Partition 1, which seems right.

When deploying however, it seems to run correctly, however, within ImageW, the target disk reports as Disk 1 (C:) Partition (80).

The end result is the script runs through as required, however no files are located on the target machine, except the 2x "LD" files and the sysprep folder. The machine boots "NTLDR is missing" and the frustration begins.

I am currently away from the server where this is an issue so i am afraid I cannot post log files, sorry!

Jayden.

(going mad)

• 1. Re: OSD Issues
          Apprentice

Hi Jayden

This is a known fault to LANDesk. I had the same thing and got the answer from LANDesk Support.

To fix:

Basically you need to downgrade the version of imagew.exe for v2.0 from 2.1.5 to 2.0.6

To do this download this patch OSD-595188.0

Extract the folder, go into the imaging folder, grab just the imagew.exe file and place it in your LANDesk\ManagementSuite\osd\imaging\v2 folder on the core server.

Of course Backup this file first before replacing.

Thanks to Matt for the phone support fix.