1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2008 3:33 AM by dportillo

Core server questions

Apprentice

Hi There,

Please can you assist with my Core server question. Let me paint the picture :

I have 3 off site servers:

• Off site server 1:

- this runs a custom form for User Information

• Off site server 2:

- this runs a custom form for User Information & Town

• Off site server 3:

- this runs a custom form for User Information & Countty

As you see all 3 off site servers, have three different custom forms.

When they all roll-up to the roll-up core server on-site, how does the custom forms get populated into the central LDMS ? do i have full set of all the

custom form information placed in the Custom Forms table on the Core Server LDMS ?

Could you please shed light, as to all the custom form information, that is sent to the Core Sever LDMS DB, is it per off-site server ? or is it a "central" view of

all custom forms form all the off-site servers.

Thanks,

Mark.

• 1. Re: Core server questions
          SupportEmployee

***Hmmm, not sure if I understood what you are saying, but I'll give it a shot.***

To review:

You have 3 core servers (CORE1, CORE2, CORE3) and a rollup-core (ROLLUP)

For example, if we assume that:

CLIENT1 reports to CORE1

CLIENT2 reports to CORE2

CLIENT3 reports to CORE3

After all three core servers roll their data up to ROLLUP, you will see the following:

CLIENT1's inventory will only have this attribute: Computer.Custom Data.User Information

CLIENT2's inventory  will only have these attributes: Computer.Custom Data.User Information and  Computer.Custom Data.Town

CLIENT3's inventory  will only have these attributes: Computer.Custom Data.User Information and Computer.Custom Data.County

In summary, the actual forms that reside on each core server will not be consolidated during the rollup process. The only thing that is consolidated is the clients' data so that it can be stored and reported from a single place. If I'm way off, I apologize (lack of sleep lately). Please feel free to clarify and we'll all try to help you again.