4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 2, 2008 7:52 AM by karenpeacock

Service Level Management Query

Rookie

Hello,

I have a question about the best way to achieve something that I have been asked to deliver within our ITBM environment. Basically we have a number of response levels, and our management team want to apply a 75% Internal Measure against each of these and make those targets available to our users within the Console / Portal.

What I have done Is create a new escalation called 'Internal Measure' against each of my response levels and im using this as the selection criteria for my Queries where I am displaying the expiry date/time so that from a users point of view they always see the internal measure rather then the contractual, this has the added benefit of allowing me to display both the Contractual Measure and the Internal Measure on my Incident windows .......

Is this the best way to go about achieving such a task? (I've already done it and it works, im just after a general opinion or any suggestions for a better way)

Thanks

Kyle

• 1. Re: Service Level Management Query
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Kyle

I think there is silence because no one can think of a more effective way - or at least this is why I've not replied!  Let us know how this goes.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Service Level Management Query
            Rookie

I thought that might be the case!

I am doing the implementation this Friday so I will let you know how I get on *fingers crossed*

Kyle

• 3. Re: Service Level Management Query
              Rookie

Well I said I would come back and let you know how I got on ... basically everything worked OK ... (despite taking a long time to implement because of the number of queries I had to update), all of our analysts are now working to the reduced "Internal" measures.

However, I think I have unearthed a niggle with the graphs ... on some of our welcome screens we have graphs showing calls assigned by analysts and to make sure the queries pickup my new measures I have used some "OR" statements on the query criteria, but now when the bars in the graph are double clicked the selection is not filtered because it doesnt apply the filter to both sections of the "OR" on the query criteria.

Im not sure if this makes sense as Im typing it, I dont suppose anyone has seen it or if its even something which should be treated as a bug?

Thanks

Kyle

• 4. Re: Service Level Management Query
                karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Good news generally then!  On the graph front - Sounds similar to something else another customer logged recently so I'd raise it with support if I were you as it'll probably need testing out.

Thanks