0x0013EC (5100) - Generic setup block
This error code will be returned in several different scenarios:
- The user running setup does not have administrative privileges
- A previous beta version is installed (the algorithm is similar to the one for the .NET Framework 2.0 described here, but the product codes are stored in the file named setup.sdb instead of install.ini)
- A later version of the .NET Framework 3.0 is already installed
- The OS that setup is being run on is not supported
- The OS that setup is being run on does not have the minimum service pack installed
Cheers ZMan looks like that was the one.
Looking at other posts you seem to be on the ball.
Went through a query on the PCs that failed and seems we still have PCs on XP SP1 hidden away in the dark depths.
I'll get on the case updating them and may post something else if there are further problems.